Status
Not open for further replies.

California Dart

Dont List Websites Here
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I've spent hours upon hours of time searching old ads that were NOT marked "sold".
Have also spent DAYS sending and recieving PM's telling me the stuff was sold 6 MONTHS AGO!
Is there ANY WAY WE CAN DEVELOPE A WAY FOR POSTERS TO DELETE THEIR AD'S AFTER SELLING THEIR PARTS?

I beleive there is a way for a seller to mark them sold.......see #9 of the classified rules

I've spent hours upon hours of time searching old ads that were NOT marked "sold".
Have also spent DAYS sending and recieving PM's telling me the stuff was sold 6 MONTHS AGO!
Is there ANY WAY WE CAN DEVELOPE A WAY FOR POSTERS TO DELETE THEIR AD'S AFTER SELLING THEIR PARTS?

You just got here last month ... about the same time as the new "Sold" feature was offered to For Sale posters by our admin JoeyChgo. It hasn't exactly taken off yet but the more exposure it gets, I'm sure it will get used more often. With all due respect, compare your "hours and hours" over the last month with those of us who've been around for years and years. It's not time wasted ... it's education, comraderie, helping out the fellow Mopar owner in any way we can, and just enjoying the hobby for all it's worth.

Relax a little, take your time, and get to know the people on the board. Concentrating solely on the classifieds sections provides a lot of info and opportunities for scores, but in my opinion you're missing out on the true essence of FABO. Once you get to know a few of the members and let them get to know you, the parts will come. :-D

The sold/thread closing feature is pretty new. Not everyone has begun to use it or post that the parts were sold.

I'm sure its just as annoying to the seller to keep getting pm's asking if sold parts are still avalable. Its up to the seller to mark items as sold and or to post that they have been sold.

I feel your pain Bro. Been there myself.

Just keep searching and posting wanted adds. It takes time to find what you need but its out there.

C

I understand were hes coming from. I try and mark mine sold with things i need or for sale. This way no one needs to respond to either......If we or the majoritty start this it will be more helpfull.Like evrything new it takes time:blob:

YES ! The sold function is our friend !
When a item is sold mark it as so !

Its quick and easy !

1. sale your item
2. find your post
3. Click "thread tools" on the maroon bar across the top of the ad
4. Click "mark thread as SOLD"
5. Enjoy a free lunch on Joey. (ok ok .. the free lunch is a myth)

Helps everyone out.

-RPM

You just got here last month ... about the same time as the new "Sold" feature was offered to For Sale posters by our admin JoeyChgo. It hasn't exactly taken off yet but the more exposure it gets, I'm sure it will get used more often. With all due respect, compare your "hours and hours" over the last month with those of us who've been around for years and years. It's not time wasted ... it's education, comraderie, helping out the fellow Mopar owner in any way we can, and just enjoying the hobby for all it's worth.

Relax a little, take your time, and get to know the people on the board. Concentrating solely on the classifieds sections provides a lot of info and opportunities for scores, but in my opinion you're missing out on the true essence of FABO. Once you get to know a few of the members and let them get to know you, the parts will come. :-D
Not much for spinning wheels but got to agree on the advise from good people on here. I think ads should expire in 30 days. What do you think about that?

The sold/thread closing feature is pretty new. Not everyone has begun to use it or post that the parts were sold.

I'm sure its just as annoying to the seller to keep getting pm's asking if sold parts are still avalable. Its up to the seller to mark items as sold and or to post that they have been sold.

I feel your pain Bro. Been there myself.

Just keep searching and posting wanted adds. It takes time to find what you need but its out there.

C
when I find good parts on ebay I repost them here. I think it's good to get fresh stuff in case other peole are looking for that part. Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back