Delrin bushings DIY ?'s

-

khuebner250

Reaction score
I have some black acetal I'm thinking of making some spring eye and shackle bushings. For the eye bushings, I was going to use the 1 1/2" rod at 3" long. My bolts are 5/8" x 4"and are smooth for 3 1/8". Do I need to have a steel sleeve?

What do you think.

I have some black acetal I'm thinking of making some spring eye and shackle bushings. For the eye bushings, I was going to use the 1 1/2" rod at 3" long. My bolts are 5/8" x 4"and are smooth for 3 1/8". Do I need to have a steel sleeve?

What do you think.

The poly eye bushings don't use a steel sleeve, so I wouldn't imagine delrin would need it.

My bushings are 2 piece and came with a new sleeve. I think the sleeve prevents crushing the bushings ( bolt tightens to the sleeves length ).

The poly eye bushings sure do come with a steel sleeve. So do aluminum eye bushings. I would think you'd want the pivot action to be between the bushing and the sleeve, not between the bushing and the spring eye.

Here's what messing around today brought about. Poly on the right and on the left the delrin I made on a work lathe.

IMG_20171111_151010126_HDR.jpg

-
Back