Demand and Supply

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and gentleman, I give you a @Dan the man post from 2015. Yes, that's right, 2015.

318 piston's and quench

What is it about? Why, it's about 318 pistons. For an engine he didn't actually have. And here we are, in 2023, and Dan's still talking about 318 pistons. For an engine he STILL doesn't actually have.

Oh, here's one on 360 pistons, he doesn't have one of those either...
Pistons for a 360

Why, here's Dan telling another member to run KB 167's for good quench, you know, because he's an expert with his imaginary 318...
Run KB-167's. They will be 0.012" below the deck surface, good for quench and flame travel.
Piston 318

A 360 build idea thread, you know, for the engine he doesn't have to put in a car he doesn't have either...
LA 360 budget build ideas

Best bolt on mods for an imaginary 318!
Best bolt ons for a small block

14485875039_fe3b16ed7c_o.jpg

Ladies and gentleman, I give you a @Dan the man post from 2015. Yes, that's right, 2015.

318 piston's and quench

What is it about? Why, it's about 318 pistons. For an engine he didn't actually have. And here we are, in 2023, and Dan's still talking about 318 pistons. For an engine he STILL doesn't actually have.

Pistons for a 360

Why, here's Dan telling another member to run KB 167's for good quench, you know, because he's an expert with his imaginary 318...

Piston 318

A 360 build idea thread, you know, for the engine he doesn't have to put in a car he doesn't have either...

View attachment 1716123450
In all honestly i gave my 2002 3500 running 360 think last year for roller cam. The trans was a 4 speed auto overdrive. It was ny dads long van who passed and i drove it with slipping TRANS till it gave out.
I no longer wanted to invest money in it or pay Insurace on it so gave it away to my best friend who is a transmission man.
But would have gave it to dan for free if he pulled it.
I did not since is tons of work and he was giving it to a needy persin after trans rebuild.
They found something better with A/C. So went to crushers.
It ran great too. It was drive anywhere but oil needed a quart every 2000.
I have a virgin 340 X Block a 422ci and a,30 over 340. And no space.
No one wanted to pull it so......

Just pack up and go home. I don't buy $20k cars, but I've made it happen regardless of how little money I had saved up. There are so many ways to pay for a car, get the loan approved and pay back whatever method you used to buy the car. My friend bought a car using all his credit card cash available. Not the smartest thing, but he got it done. Then he paid off the cards when he sold a car. If you really wanted a car, you'd be making it happen.

No cell phone service but you can click on the link you need internet to see? C'mon man!
You didn't pay attention to what I said, so I'll tell you again, when I clicked on the car my phone didn't bring it up. Sometimes this happens because of where I live as the internet service isn't all that grand. Hopefully you got the message this time.

You didn't pay attention to what I said, so I'll tell you again, when I clicked on the car my phone didn't bring it up. Sometimes this happens because of where I live as the internet service isn't all that grand. Hopefully you got the message this time.

318 piston's and quench

I've probably forgot more about the 318's than you ever knew
Pistons for a 360

Piston 318

View attachment 1716123450

In all honestly i gave my 2002 3500 running 360 think last year for roller cam. The trans was a 4 speed auto overdrive. It was ny dads long van who passed and i drove it with slipping TRANS till it gave out.
I no longer wanted to invest money in it or pay Insurace on it so gave it away to my best friend who is a transmission man.
But would have gave it to dan for free if he pulled it.
I did not since is tons of work and he was giving it to a needy persin after trans rebuild.
They found something better with A/C. So went to crushers.
It ran great too. It was drive anywhere but oil needed a quart every 2000.
I have a virgin 340 X Block a 422ci and a,30 over 340. And no space.
No one wanted to pull it so......
This doesn't make a bit of sense. Did you bump your head some how

Oh, I heard you the first time.

If you can get this site on your phone or home computer, you can get Facebook and their Marketplace. I'm calling bull crap on that one. There's times when I'm in Wal mart I can't get internet but I don't get any of it not just a website or two.
I didn't say that I couldn't get Facebook, I said that when I clicked on the post that was sent to me that it didn't come up. Please pay attention to what you read

I didn't say that I couldn't get Facebook, I said that when I clicked on the post that was sent to me that it didn't come up. Please pay attention to what you read
You said it said it wasn't available. There's a difference.

I've clicked on the duster several times and the page says that it's not available.
Like this?

Screenshot_20230805-163913.png

This doesn't make a bit of sense. Did you bump your head some how
If i thought you would have really came and got it you could have had a 360 roller cam motor running drive anywhere and overdrive trans core.
But would have been to far or to much work to take out even for free.

I've probably forgot more about the 318's than you ever knew

:rofl:
I mean, that would explain why you keep posting the same threads over and over and over again- "what pistons should I use in an imaginary engine?" like 6 different times. "Why can't I find a $40k A-body for $20k, across the street from me, that will take a loan as payment?" a half a dozen times. Do you just not remember? You've got a pretty short memory if that's the case, you might want to see a doctor about that.

If my post was over your head.
Guys send trucks to the Junkyard with 318, and 360 both LA and Roller camed one's due to rusted bodies, broken rear end or trans.
And especially vans. Vans take work to get one out.
Smart guy would hit the lower cost junk yards and YOU Pull It's. Grab. One and build it, so has one ready fir his dream car.
Start with pulling the intake and head and look see as well.as measurements. Even cheap Harbor Freight will do.

Only then will you know if the heads need junked or what Pistons you need.
Everything else is just dreams.
Even a car guy like me sent a running driving 360 roller motor to get scooped up or scrapped. I can't save them all.

If i thought you would have really came and got it you could have had a 360 roller cam motor running drive anywhere and overdrive trans core.
But would have been to far or to much work to take out even for free.
You didn't offer to me.

I mean, that would explain why you keep posting the same threads over and over and over again- "what pistons should I use in an imaginary engine?" like 6 different times. "Why can't I find a $40k A-body for $20k, across the street from me, that will take a loan as payment?" a half a dozen times. Do you just not remember? You've got a pretty short memory if that's the case, you might want to see a doctor about that.
I never said that I wanted a 40k car for 20k. But I do think that it's possible to find a decent car for 20k. I have no idea how you got that crap from

Are you enjoying your imaginary race car? I will find and buy the car I'm looking for. I know that it won't be across the street

No way. Unless he gets that guy to rebuild his motors with the hacksaw Pistons. Now that's entertainment.
Maybe regrind the cam with an angle grinder?
LOL..........I remember that guy. He had some crazy ideas that's for sure!

I never said that I wanted a 40k car for 20k. But I do think that it's possible to find a decent car for 20k. I have no idea how you got that crap from

I've seen the reasons you "passed" on cars Dan. They're all nit picky BS. You want a $40k car and only want to pay $20k for it, because you passed on cars that were asking $20k and worth it. It's moot, because you're never going to buy a car. You just enjoy starting crap on the internet, not driving classic cars.

Are you enjoying your imaginary race car? I will find and buy the car I'm looking for. I know that it won't be across the street

I drive my Duster at least a 120 -150 miles a week Dan, and yes, I enjoy the hell out of it. My commute to work is mostly mountain roads, and it's a ton of fun winding up and down the mountain through 3,500 ft of elevation change with an awesome handling old Mopar.

You wouldn't understand.

I've seen the reasons you "passed" on cars Dan. They're all nit picky BS. You want a $40k car and only want to pay $20k for it, because you passed on cars that were asking $20k and worth it. It's moot, because you're never going to buy a car. You just enjoy starting crap on the internet, not driving classic cars.

I drive my Duster at least a 120 -150 miles a week Dan, and yes, I enjoy the hell out of it. My commute to work is mostly mountain roads, and it's a ton of fun winding up and down the mountain through 3,500 ft of elevation change with an awesome handling old Mopar.

You wouldn't understand.
The 1971 duster in Missouri, I'm going to contact the owner. I can get ac added for a couple of grand and since it's a 3 speed manual gives me a good reason to swap it for a 4 speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back