Status
Not open for further replies.

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Contact seller
Found this on ebay, why on earth would you demo derby this car? It is way too nice for that. If I had extra money and it was close by, I would love to buy this and drive it, plus it is a rare car being a 2-door. Now, don't get me wrong, I love demo derbies but this car is way to nice to destroy like that. I hope someone buys this and takes care of it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1974...001QQitemZ110282694710QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Not my style but I for one wouldn't trash it like that. I've seen several nice late '60's two door C-bodies get trashed around here like that, demo'd or just had the engine yanked then scrapped the rest, it's a shame.

I found this part of the add funny:

"Car has 12 bolt rear end, not the 9inch type"

Not my style but I for one wouldn't trash it like that. I've seen several nice late '60's two door C-bodies get trashed around here like that, demo'd or just had the engine yanked then scrapped the rest, it's a shame.

I found this part of the add funny:

"Car has 12 bolt rear end, not the 9inch type"

Guy at whateveritis motorsports the south edition really knows his ****......don't he

nice motor donor for an a-body if you ask me.. isn't that why they made c-bodies anyway? thats what i use them for ... lmao.

I didn't think they allowed Imperials in most demolition derbies

They don't

They are all but indestructible on the course. You might as well bring a panzer tank to the derby if you are going to run an imperial lol

I am afraid we will be seeing more of this happening to the c-bodies. With gas the way it is no one want to buy these cars. We just sold a 71 Fury 4 door to a guy in Wash. an he plans on parting it out and then giving the body to some kids for a demo car.

Do you know why they don't allow them? They seem to be big enough in the back to stay together during the derby and has alot of protection up front.

They don't

They are all but indestructible on the course. You might as well bring a panzer tank to the derby if you are going to run an imperial lol

Yep Ax, Madmikee is right, they're too tough and have been banned in a lot derby's. My brother-in-law does the derby thing and I suggested an Imperial. He said no way, they're banned 'cause they can't be killed.

They don't

Ha, That is funny stuff. Thay don't make them like that any more. That is for sure. New cars are like beer cans compared to the old ones.

Definatly a donor. Take the motor and tranny and rear and then make a demo out of it. Maybe take out the window switches and some electrical for the custom street rodders. They do that around here then sell the body up north where the purse runs in the thousands. They don't want the big block so they switch em out for a 318. They say the 318 will run longer hotter that any motor. I'd be bidding if it were in my back yard.

Yep Ax, Madmikee is right, they're too tough and have been banned in a lot derby's. My brother-in-law does the derby thing and I suggested an Imperial. He said no way, they're banned 'cause they can't be killed.

I thought that is the main reason not to be killed and when the money or trophy.

Sweet derby car. The only ones that are tougher are the 67 Imperials aka "Hammer Head" I know only one way to take one out and thats wait till the guy cranks the wheel hard and hammer the exposed tire hopefully taking out the steering. Of coarce the first thing is to remove that BB and install a small block chevy. Why you ask? when you cut a hole in the firewall you can put a vise grip on the distributer and change the timing as the engine heats up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back