Demon 4 spd linkage question

-

thomasjkt

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my reverse linkage rod from my 833 tranny to my competion plus shifter. The linkage appears to be to long and not enough adjustment to make it work. I sure could use some help on this. Does anyone have a length for the reverse rod? Or maybe a picture of how the linkage setup should be?

The best way to set it up is by aligning the shifter itself in neutral.
Look at the pics, you will see a small hole at the bottom of the shifter box...I can't remember the dia. at the moment, but you need to slide a drill bit through all the levers. This will be your neutral position for all the gears.
A common mistake is reversing the arms at the trans. end.

A few pics of the linkage assembled can be seen here http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa59/340butterduster/Transmission rebuild/.

See pics 5 and 6 for the alignment hole.

Hope this helps.

Sorry about the link.

Yep I'm feeling stupid, from what I can see in the pics the reverse rod has the wrong ends on the linkage. Thanks a ZILLION for the info and pics

If the rod is too long, no more adjustment, run a dye on the end and cut more threads for more adjustment.

Well my reverse rod looks like the one in the pictures but I will need to add about 1-1/2" of threads to it so it will fit, doesn't seem right but .......

Well my reverse rod looks like the one in the pictures but I will need to add about 1-1/2" of threads to it so it will fit, doesn't seem right but .......
It also depends on your shifter box.One of my rods barely have enough thread.I'm switching it this winter because it has given me problems twice with binding! Good luck!

I've got a set of linkage I took off my Demon. It has an OEM reverse rod and the other two are straight but they worked fine. $50 shipped to you.

Attachments

• Abody 4 spd linkage straight arms.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 159
Here is a pic of my shifter. Notice the bend of the reverse lever rearward. Even w/this shifter, I still had to cut more threads to allow for more adjustment. I did not have the correct reverse rod but it works great after cutting more threads.

I've seen some reverse levers that are not bend but are in line w/the other 2 levers on the shifter. All depends on the shifter and length of the reverse rod being used.

Attachments

• Trans Install5.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 162
-
Back