[Found!] Demon carb electric choke

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
The kit you need is Barry Grant/Demon # 421440 and is discontinued. I've looked all over and cannot find anything. You may end up having to hawk Ebay for a whole carburetor that maybe has a broken base plate or something, or just slap luck up on that kit. But there's you a part number anyway.
I just went through this. MY carburetor guy looked and looked and found ONE choke kit remaining in the entire country....In Utah of all places. If he hadn't found it there, I would have had to make my own butterfly. The choke housing and fast idle cam setup look like regular Holley stuff but the linkage rod to the shaft and the butterfly appear to be Demon specific.
Check out THIS thread:
Trying to improve cold starts with a Demon 850

Sorry to say Wayne, but I wonder with how rare these are, if your dyno shop actually "lost" it? They should be making this right, cuz it looks more and more like its gonna be a pricey fix.
Good luck bud.

Big shout out to Dustin He is checking to make sure his choke is good and maybe we can swing a deal. If you knew how bad I am at carb tuning you would know why I'm trying to get this one working right. But you guys GOTTA quit telling him how rare the part is! lol

Rusty thanks for looking, bet we've been up and down the same dead end trails! Unobtanium.

Kerndog thanks for buying the last new one in America and ruining my hopes. lol

Steve, I don't think the shop is underhanded, just sloppy. Guess the end result is the same.

C'mon Dartsun!!!

I'm not sure where you are, but I never use a choke. I do like that Barry Grant actually improved his choke over the junk Holley choke, but really, it isn't needed.

The choke, even if set as best as you can get they are hard on rings.

If your carb is even close, it will start better without the choke. It may take 1 minute to warm up a bit before you drop it into gear and move it, but that's about it.

I'm in Michigan, the winter wonderland! lol Before it was turn on the electric fuel pump and fill the bowls, couple of pumps while cranking and within 2 revolutions she would fire right up. I know its a new combo but takes a bunch more cranking now. I want my easy start back. Can u tell me how the choke is hard on rings? U thinkin washing the oil off?

Dartsun came thru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Spent part of his thanksgiving checking out his carb for me. Thanks for everyones help and suggestions.

Can you tell me how the choke is hard on rings? Are you thinking that it washes the oil off?
I edited your post a bit.
Yeah, the richer fuel mixture is supposed to accelerate the wear by washing the oil off of the cylinder walls BUT the same thing occurs with EFI systems. They run rich on a cold start up too.

I'm in Michigan, the winter wonderland! lol Before it was turn on the electric fuel pump and fill the bowls, couple of pumps while cranking and within 2 revolutions she would fire right up. I know its a new combo but takes a bunch more cranking now. I want my easy start back. Can u tell me how the choke is hard on rings? U thinkin washing the oil off?

One reason the choke is hard on the rings is they stay on way too long. The choke should be off within 1 minute at the most.

Like I said, the BG choke plate is much better than the crap Holley sent out. BG at least let some air around the choke plate where Holley almost closed it off.

It will be down to mid to low teens here tonight. I can start my car with no choke.

You have to remember...if you are not using the choke, you have to put quite a bit of fuel in the manifold to get it lit.

When it's this cold out (would have driven my car today but the tach is out and TG dinner was at the in laws right across the property so no need to drive a couple hundred feet) I usually give two, full to the floor pumps, count to 5 and one more full pump and off it goes.

Then I hold it about 1200-1300 for a minute and I'm good to go.

Now that you have your parts, you might as well use them!

There is only 1 Yellow Rose when it comes to carb tuning and I ain't him. I need all the help I can get!

Glad to help Wayne out here, such a nice guy we agreed on a deal and he tossed in a watch also with a Mopar emblem engraved. To cool, I’ll get the Demon carb sent out later this week. Dustin
28DA71D4-149C-4209-A655-806CE53BF3A7.jpeg

Last edited:
Appreciate the pic, Dustin. Sent it out in such a hurry I didn't take one. Thanks. Looking forward to getting my carb right!

Just received the carb, looks like just what I needed. Thank you Dustin for helping me out. Where else but FABO would I find someone in Oregon who had just what I needed? Merry Christmas to all!

Last edited:
I'm not sure where you are, but I never use a choke. I do like that Barry Grant actually improved his choke over the junk Holley choke, but really, it isn't needed.

The choke, even if set as best as you can get they are hard on rings.

If your carb is even close, it will start better without the choke. It may take 1 minute to warm up a bit before you drop it into gear and move it, but that's about it.
The Motor City you goof... in Detroit Michigan...

So for some reason my dyno shop removed and lost the choke parts on my 750 Demon. Im trying to ID this older carb and find the missing choke parts. If it wasn't dyno tuned to this combo I would just start over. If you can ID this carb that would be great, if you have a handle on the electric choke parts and butterfly please let me know.

View attachment 1715428448
View attachment 1715428449 View attachment 1715428450
I'm really not liking the fact that the dyno Place quote-unquote "lost" your choke which is now seeming to be a very hard to find discontinued item.. I would lay this problem right dead in the middle of their lap and let them worry about it... I'm sure they charged you a pretty penny for their time and equipment...

Had that conversation. Would have ended up in court and cost me more than a new carb. They totally denied any wrong doing. On average a lawsuit is $5000 cost. My justice is in telling everyone I talk to exactly what happened and writing reviews that describe the situation. There is a cost to screwing people and karma is a byatch!!! The other side of the coin is I met Dustin to our mutual benefit. Things happen for a reason.

There should have been no reason to remove the choke assy. a simple piece of wire to hold the plate open, or rotate choke stat to full open. Someone robbed you plain and simple.

Great you got a solution to your conundrum.
FABO ROCKS!!

I'm glad Dartsun helped me too. There was no choke plate, they removed it along with every other choke part. Yep I'm furious but this is no sport for those who are afraid to spend money. They will get theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back