Demon carb on 440?

-

danmc77

Reaction score
Just bought a brand new 850 Speed Demon for $350. Manual secondaries and electric choke.

Anybody else running a Demon carb? Does it need any adapters for the throttle linkage? If so, who sells it? It's going to be sitting on a Performer RPM intake.

Also, any good/bad experiences with the Demon over an Eddy or Holley carb?

I have an 825 mighty demon and got it new on my stroked 408. I have had to take it apart three times to clean metal shavings out of it. The quality of workmanship was horrible. I would not recomend anything made by Barry Grant. That being said once you clean it out and tune it, it works very well. I just don't think you should have to do that to a brand new carb. I have heard other horror stories. A big splinter of aluminum in the acc pump check valve.

I have purchased 5 Speed Demons over the years and have yet to find any shavings and have had no problems with the Speed Demons. I see where Holley finally got there head out of their wazoo and added side glasses to the bowls. Go to the Lokar website if you're looking for cable throttle systems and kickdown if you're running an auto.

Terry

I'm running a 750 speed demon on my 340 and think its great so far. I'm also running it on a performer RPM.

-
Back