Demon Carbs

-

73golddusterkid

Gold Duster Kid
Reaction score
I was just wondering what everyone here thought of demon carbs. I've about had it with my holley. I can't seem to get it tuned right and it seems to be leaking somewhere.

I've been running them for a few years and no problems.

Terry

11111.jpg

If it was brand new, take it off, pull it completely apart, and clean out the aluminum crap they leave in it. While the metering blocks are out, check every drilled hole and passage to verify there are not small hangers where the drill bit finally broke thru. If you see any, knock them off. Then reassemble it and it should now run and the real pain in the *** tuning ca be done. They are tremendously tunable. To the point that in my area, I can get it perfect... Until the sun goes down, or the temp drops, or the temp goes up. I dont really like Demons. Every single one I've setup had shavings right out of the box. Two had idle issues related to the hanging chads they left in it.

Utter and total crap carbs with **** for customer service! They are nice to look at, have very smooth action but are crap if you plan on driving your car. If you do get one take it all apart and make sure that there isn't any sand still inside! :thebirdm: Demon carbs!

Well guys when they ship them north of the border maybe they take special care that they're good.LOL. So far I've had 5 (on 5 different engines) and found nothing in any of the bowls and everything properly drilled. I used to check the Holley's for the same crap when I ran them cuss you always heard the stories about them too.

Terry

Utter and total crap carbs with **** for customer service! They are nice to look at, have very smooth action but are crap if you plan on driving your car. If you do get one take it all apart and make sure that there isn't any sand still inside! :thebirdm: Demon carbs!

I agree 100%..the one i had was a pain in the arse,never buy one again the Quick fuel i'm running now is the best i've ever bought:thumbup::thumbup:

I agree 100%..the one i had was a pain in the arse,never buy one again the Quick fuel i'm running now is the best i've ever bought:thumbup::thumbup:

My engine builder will only use the Demons. I have a garage full of Edelbrocks Carters and Holleys but I think I will try the Demon based on the success of his other recent builds. It will be completely apart before it is on my engine like every other build he does. He uses them constantly and swears by them.

They are great carbs. But they are too much trouble so theyare my 3rd choice every time. I never said they didnt work. But I can get the results I need by not using them...lol.

If you can't tune a Holley what makes you think you can tune a demon? They are the same basic design but with more things to tune (and screw up if not tuned right). I don't mean to be a wise guy so please don't take it that way. Just pointing out the obvious.

I've ran Holley's for 25 yrs. and they always seem to run good and are easy to tune for me. You should see the last one I had on my Cuda. Pieced together from 4 different carbs. and looked kinda crappy. Ran absolutely fantastic.

I've got a 650 Speed Demon that I got from 388Dart. After a little tuning it runs great. I wouldn't want to try and tune one without a vacuum gauge though.

Jack

Well to be completely honest guys i have essentially no knowledge on how to tune carbs. I know that every time my dad and I try to mess with this holley it either runs rich or runs like crap.

Well to be completely honest guys i have essentially no knowledge on how to tune carbs. I know that every time my dad and I try to mess with this holley it either runs rich or runs like crap.

I understand totally. I didn't know squat about them 25 yrs. ago and I bought a book and read it cover to cover and learned a great deal. Your best bet is to buy a book or 2 and read up on them. In fact if your interested I have a couple good Holley books I don't need anymore and would make you a fantastic deal on them. One is very basic and a good starter that shows how to rebuild one step by step and explains how things work. The other is a little more involved and is a good follow-up to the first one because it has more info about super tuning them. If your interested PM me and I'll give you more info on them.

-
Back