Demon / Duster 1/4 window mods (roll up)

-
Have to look at mine when I get home. See what you are saying. Think I could get it out just how would I get regulator, glass, window channel etc back in welded up from inside think I will sit back and enjoy your craftsmanship! There was a Nova out where I live that was missing the whole front half of the car. Have to go see if it is still there (just to take a look) or if the scrap guys have found it.Think I will leave mine alone best of luck I will watch this!

Not yet… trying to determine if the rear pillar support will need modified or not… This is going to be a long slllloooooowwwwwwwww thread since I'm busy at work and there is more thinking / trial and error than cutting on something like this…

It's actually not possible to do roll up windows in the rear. There is a structural u-channel that goes up through the roof pillar that would need to be removed in order to get a roll down window to work due to the size of the window opening. So this is a dead project for me.

Ah dang! That's just too bad! A hardtop Duster would be SWEET!!! Well, maybe do a convertible Duster instead? :D

The only way to do it as a hard top would be to build the 1/4 glass windows in a way that they can be popped out like T-top window glass.

As for a true convertible top that can't be done either do to the shape of the 1/4's and no place the top to recess back into.

What can be done, and I have cut a couple cars into this to take pics of when parting them. Is a full time roadster. Cut the top off, weld in a cross brace system of some sort, weld in a windshield tool bar, and re-work the sheet metal and you're got a roadster. Unfortunately not practical for western PA. LOL

-
Back