DEMON FENDER TRIM - What's the difference? DART 70-2

-

partsmonsta

Massively Over Powered And Respected
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
DEMON FENDER TRIM - What's the difference? DART 70-2

I see they made a deep and regular versions.

Are these pictured specific for 72 year only?
If so, will they also fit the 70-71?

I see some Demon/Darts have them and some do not.
Did some come from the factory with them and some without or were they standard?
Can you install these on a Demon/Dart that does not have them?

THANKS. :thumbsup:

Demon-Fendr-TRIM-02.jpg

Demon-Fendr-TRIM-09.jpg

The short trim is a ‘72 model year thing.

The trim has to match the fender extension, you can see here that there’s an inset to mount the trim. So your trim needs to match the extension.

img_7498-jpeg.jpg

My Demon is a June 1971 ordered, sold 10/10/1971. It has the short trim ( about 2.5") and pot metal extensions vs fiberglass like some had.

My Demon is a June 1971 ordered, sold 10/10/1971. It has the short trim ( about 2.5") and pot metal extensions vs fiberglass like some had.

Ok, so that’s a pretty late production ‘71 that sold after ‘72’s would have also been available.

I’m certainly no expert on when Ma Mopar did stuff, a lot of those dates are somewhat flexible based on what was available, what was left over etc.

Still, the short trim has to match the fender extension, so whatever fender extensions are on the OP’s car will have to match the trim he puts on it.

Thanks for taking the time to post that shot of the fender extensions.
Major help. :thumbsup:

No problem!

Also, it doesn't matter which fender extension and fender trim piece you have with respect to the grille, the '70/71 fender extension and trim works with a '72 grille and the 72 fender extension and trim will work with a '71 grille. All you have to do is match the fender trim piece to the fender extension.

Dart/Demon “Longer” Front Fender Extension Trim/Molding with three(3) holes are made for 1970-71 cars.
The, “Shorter” Front Fender Extension has two(2) holes. For, use on 1972 Dart/Demon.

-
Back