DeMon IVR

-

CudaCraig

Reaction score
What if anything must you do to the Ivr in the fuel gauge when installing external IVR ..on my 68 Barracuda .

Somehow disable it. There is likely --as Cracked back says-- more than one way to skin that cat. Cut/ bend, carefully remove/ block the moveable contact in the regulator so it can no longer function. bend it open and pump 50-60 lbs of RTV into the contacts LOL Google this there use to be photos of what you are "into."

This is the incorrect year for you but shows what you are up against

Voltage limiter, fuel & temp gauges, '66 Sport Fury

Somehow disable it. There is likely --as Cracked back says-- more than one way to skin that cat. Cut/ bend, carefully remove/ block the moveable contact in the regulator so it can no longer function. bend it open and pump 50-60 lbs of RTV into the contacts LOL Google this there use to be photos of what you are "into."

This is the incorrect year for you but shows what you are up against

Voltage limiter, fuel & temp gauges, '66 Sport Fury
I sniped the end of the contact points off and bench tested the fuel gauge .. It worked great . once in the car -no fuel gauge reading ..

RTE Gauge Faq - rte

I used their regulator on my 71 Demon rally gauges big thing was to make sure regulator has a good ground.

I ran ground wire from cluster ground to body -... everything is working great now.. Thanks everyone Merry Christmas or happy holidays , whichever you prefer.

I sniped the end of the contact points off and bench tested the fuel gauge .. It worked great . once in the car -no fuel gauge reading ..

Maybe it's wired wrong? "How it worked" and "How it must work now"

The Ralleye gauge has three terminals. One is key switched 12V into the IVR. The IVR "regulates" and feeds the gauge internally. That same electrical point comes out on a 2nd terminal and feeds the regulated power out to the rest of the gauges. So your new IVR must feed INTO that terminal to get power to the fuel gauge. The 3rd terminal of course is the fuel sender.

-
Back