[WANTED] Demon mirrors

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got these used original chrome A-body sport mirrors that I was going to post..These don’t fall apart like the reproductions. PM me any interest.

4D64BB6D-0F87-4A24-A0ED-D72ED5A42739.jpeg

I guess it depends on use and luck. They do fall apart and the chrome flakes off. I have had many people over the years buy original mirrors because the remotes broke, the glass got sloppy and the passenger side pivot just falls out of the mirror head. Maybe you got a good one..

I guess it depends on use and luck. They do fall apart and the chrome flakes off. I have had many people over the years buy original mirrors because the remotes broke, the glass got sloppy and the passenger side pivot just falls out of the mirror head. Maybe you got a good one..
Perhaps early renditions of them were bad, or maybe there are more than one manufacturer. The pass side one I bought from PG, which is what year one sells, has very nice chrome, feels sturdy, and the glass pivot is nice and tight to the point where I couldnt possibly see why it would loosen over time.. it’s not the kind of thing that gets adjusted often. I think it will be fine but I suppose time will tell.

all that said too, I’ve had many early oem factory ones get loose and crappy over time too. The last set on my dart sport 360 car weren’t great…

Just posting this so when people search these mirrors the can read this. Perhaps it will help their decision making..

Perhaps early renditions of them were bad, or maybe there are more than one manufacturer. The pass side one I bought from PG, which is what year one sells, has very nice chrome, feels sturdy, and the glass pivot is nice and tight to the point where I couldnt possibly see why it would loosen over time.. it’s not the kind of thing that gets adjusted often. I think it will be fine but I suppose time will tell.

all that said too, I’ve had many early oem factory ones get loose and crappy over time too. The last set on my dart sport 360 car weren’t great…

Just posting this so when people search these mirrors the can read this. Perhaps it will help their decision making..
That’s your experience with one mirror. I have sold mirrors to many more that went back to original mirrors or spent the money on Nos ones. I agree the reproductions are better than nothing if your car is restored but not interested in nos pieces… There are a few members in here that posted over the years about their mirrors falling apart. Ben Snobar made the first reproduction mirrors then Peter Gee found out where they were being made and got some and started selling them to everyone. At this point the only other making them is Vans… I saw his 71-2 b-body mirrors and when next to an original it was thicker in appearance and the owner bought those He did not want to use them..and yes 50 year old originals do wear out too.. and to be clear I don’t care if the OP buys these as I already had offers on them but he was offered them and is first to refuse them..

Last edited:
just about everything re popped sux compared to the factory parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back