demon on ebay

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a real nice car. I remember seeing on eBay a few years ago a '72 Petty blue 340 Demon with white stripes,and white interior and bucket seats. It had the 340 and drive train still in it yet. It was in pretty bad shape(banged up and rusty in places). It sure made me sad to see it in that shape. I know it didn't sell so they parted it out.

Something doesn't seem right about that auction...

1) Why must you call him first before "buying it now"?
2) Why does it have at least 3 different tires on the 4 corners?
3) He mentions the trunk and engine have not been repainted yet the door jambs have been (and rather poorly done at that). Has the exterior been painted too? Looks like it has but he doesn't mention it.

I was curious about the Demon 340 nameplates on the front fenders. Where are they?

Don't mean to knock the car but I would pass on it, it seems priced way too high. The interior is ratty, the seat covers are wrong, dash looks like hell, speakers in the door panels, even has a big dent inside the driver door near where your arm rests. All of this would be easy to fix, but if I were gonna buy a Demon for that much, it better look nice in the engine bay and the interior too!

Yeah I would say that the spare tire well looks rather rough for there to have never been any soft metal on that car either. All-in-all a pretty sorry car for $17K

That's because it was just purchased for $10K..... more around what it's worth. Still a numbers matching Demon 340 (according to the original guy).

Yeah I would say that the spare tire well looks rather rough for there to have never been any soft metal on that car either. All-in-all a pretty sorry car for $17K

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back