Demon quarter panel

-

hoopty

Reaction score
Just got my quarter for my 71 demon, AMD..and its missing the bodyline that dives down in front of the wheel!!!! Everyone swears by this brand.JUNK

Did you contact AMD? Sometimes things happen, if they take care of it and eat the shipping for a defect on their part they are ahead of a lot of other suppliers. But you gotta give them a chance to make it right. It sucks I know but it's not much different than buying a defect alternator in my opinion.

All they wanted to do is give me 50

By the sound of it they don't think it's a big problem. Who did you buy the quarter through? What's their return policy? If you're not happy with it, send it back.

And can you post a picture of the quarter so we can see what you're talking about? AMD consistently makes the most accurate reproduction sheetmetal for these cars, but they don't always get it right. If you post up a picture of what you've got, maybe other folks can chime in and say if theirs are the same. Ie, is this a problem with the entire stamping run, or just a single bad part (it happens).

I feel your pain. I had a pair installed and they were poorly stamped at the top of the quarter where it meets the door. They are installed now, all the lines match up, all the gaps are outstanding, except that one spot. Every time I post something regarding it I get blown up by unhelpful jayholes full of bad body man comments and anything else stupid they can add. I just want to buy this area off of a bad car, and yet continue to get beaten down by jerkwads! Good luck with your quarter swap, these panels do require some massaging.

Before AMD, when all you could get was a quarter skin, that body line was really 'weak'. Definitely required some sculpting. Wouldn't surprise me if AMD was getting their parts stamped on the same Taiwanese plants.

I am trying to cover for AMD but I have used there full & 3/4 quarters. Dusters, barracudas, challengers, 71 B bodies & darts. They all were top of the line pieces. If they give you any ****, give it back. They are not cheep pieces.

Check out classic2current fabrication also they have some.

I ordered a 72 quarter for my demon and they sent me one for a swinger. I called...they sent me a new one right away and told me to keep the swinger quarter(not worth the shipping hassle to them). Sold it for 200 bucks.
The fitment at the top by the door was 3/4" off. (Sliced it and added a small pie of metal to make the door gap right). The very bottom roll from the pinch weld flange to the outside of the quarter was 1/2 to 3/4" to long.( sliced it front to back, tucked it back in and welded it back together). That was it. More work than you should really have to do for a $500 dollar part, but look at the alternative.....over all i m happy with what i got. I doubt even at $1000+a side for n.o.s. That you could ever find one that didn t need work. And the work involved with getting a used chunk and cutting it apart........forgettaboutit
I do think they should help you out a little more than $50 if it is really as bad as you say, but if you ve got the skills to fix it...fix it. Remember the alternatives

if you read threads on AMD here and FBBO, you will find that NOT all their panels are that great. some perfect, some junk, and some in between. if you pay big $$ for correct parts, you expect some quality, yes most every panel will need some help. I would not expect to have to "mold" that body line!!!!!!!

like said call the vendor. always pay for parts with credit cards, if you are wronged, contact the card, and make them help...

it is great to have more patch panels to help us, but, lets face it. this stuff is stamped in Taiman or China, dyes have to be made correct, out of quality mayerials, and they do need maintainance.....

-
Back