Demon Rear C pillar and window trim

-

HB Prostreet

Reaction score
In order to finish off my new package tray I have to remove the side rear window interior sheet metal pieces to get the tray in. Also to install the headliner. All the screrws are out and it won't budge. Do you have to slide it forward to remove?

20220103_171353.jpg

I actually just pulled those on mine two days ago and they are a pain. You have to be determined because if you are delicate they never will move. I found if you can get the top to release by pulling down and inward first to get it off the roof lip you will have a chance. Then you have to get it to move up and forward on the bottom and all the while the window latch gives not an ounce of extra room. It will come out with a fight, so do not be afraid to get a flat screwdriver in between the panel and the package tray/seat back area to encourage the panel a little. That was the most I did with tools but that was not the total solution. It’s a battle of willpower that gets that thing out. You will hear scraping metallic sounds getting it out, so do not fear that. But it is a job mainly done caveman style lol. Good luck.

Also open that vent window! You need all that extra room. I also do not think you can bend the panel by hand but be aware of that, but not afraid of that possibility. Worst case it is metal and as long as not kinking you aren’t hurting it.

I actually just pulled those on mine two days ago and they are a pain. You have to be determined because if you are delicate they never will move. I found if you can get the top to release by pulling down and inward first to get it off the roof lip you will have a chance. Then you have to get it to move up and forward on the bottom and all the while the window latch gives not an ounce of extra room. It will come out with a fight, so do not be afraid to get a flat screwdriver in between the panel and the package tray/seat back area to encourage the panel a little. That was the most I did with tools but that was not the total solution. It’s a battle of willpower that gets that thing out. You will hear scraping metallic sounds getting it out, so do not fear that. But it is a job mainly done caveman style lol. Good luck.
Does it look like you will be able to reinstall them? I thought it might have to move forward. Did you see any clips or something like that in the back of the panel? I'll try to rough it out of there but there has to be an easier way. Still looking for any documentation on those parts or a diagram.

I will be able to reuse them yes. I did not even scratch them although I had already planned to repaint them so scratching was not going to hurt my feelings. I don’t recall any clips but didn’t flip them over after they were out as I was on to the next interior item that needed to be gutted. They are essentially wedged in there really well. If they didn’t have hardware they would not miss that hardware lol. If you study that trim style thru the run of Dusters, Demons, and Dart Sports you will notice it seems to change every year or two. I do not think this was by accident, but probably due to worker’s complaining about install difficulties. I haven’t figured it would go back as easily (head shake) as it came off lol.

-
Back