Demon Rear seat Removal

-

Mr.FT

Reaction score
I'm having a heck of a time getting the back seat out of a 72 Demon, can anyone give me some tips? I want to remove top and bottom seat pieces to replace Package shelf and carpet.

Thanks

i pull the front seats forward. get in there, push down ,and with your knees push in and up about 1 foot in from the side panel, repeat for other side. once you get that out, look down under the back section and you will see a bolt or tab that is retaining it. once you get those undone, lift up on the cushion and remove. hope this makes sense lol

As 73 said above. There are two small hooks welded to the floor pan that the opening faces towards the back of the car. By pushing in and lifting on the seat bottom, you can dislodge the frame of the seat that locks into the hooks. If the seat has never been out, they can be quite tight and require a fair amount of force to dislodge. Once they are out, the rest is self-explanatory.

Grant

I don't have a picture, but here's a quick (ok, very quick lol) ms paint drawing of what the hook looks like (iirc).
The arrow faces front, and the round part is the hook on the bottom of the seat.

34s5u8n.jpg

you can see how the seat has to be pushed like 73 described to release it.

lol I couldn't remember how accurate it was- I tried to take my seat out a few weeks ago to run the wire for my remote trunk release, but one of my arms wasn't working because of a pinched nerve in my neck, so I couldn't get it:D

Thanks, I'm going to give it a try tonight. I'm told once the seat is out the pacakge tray will slide out.

Tom

yep, iirc there are clips behind the seat back that catch the front edge of the package tray to hold it down, but once you get the seat back out they'll be quite obvious.

Great hook pic!
I plan to trim the hook so it comes out easier as its one of those things that is a real pain, and harder than it needs to be.

I plan to trim the hook so it comes out easier as its one of those things that is a real pain, and harder than it needs to be.

Don’t trim it just yet; the more often you take the seat out the easier it becomes to remove for two reasons. First once you break free the thirty plus year build-up of whatever, then things slide a bit easier, second is you get the hang of the procedure; it’s all in the wrist.

-
Back