Demon Sizzler still rebuilding carbs?

-

71duster06

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I noticed that DemonSizzlers website is no longer up. Is he still rebuilding carbs? I was getting ready to send him down my 850 for a street/strip rebuild but I have no way of contacting him. Any knowledge of this?

I emailed his webmaster address but it bounced back.

Try sending him a PM. Do a Search for Demon Sizzler

I hope hes still doing them, He builds a hell of a carb !

Dave is a friend of mine. We had lunch a couple of weeks ago and he said he quit doing the carbs and sold off most of his stuff.

Dang it! Shoud have sent him my carb last summer. I hope he is still around for general insite/recommendations. I am in the process of changing soem top end parts and am hoping he could point me in the right direction for jetting etc.

Dave is a friend of mine. We had lunch a couple of weeks ago and he said he quit doing the carbs and sold off most of his stuff.

That's too bad. He will be missed. We've conferred several times in the past as I build lots of carburetors too. He's a hell of a nice guy.

Hey everyone. I noticed that DemonSizzlers website is no longer up. Is he still rebuilding carbs? I was getting ready to send him down my 850 for a street/strip rebuild but I have no way of contacting him. Any knowledge of this?

Try here, http://www.harmsauto.com/ call Scott and talk to him about what your needs are. If I'm not mistaken he will totally restore your carb and test it on an engine before shipping it back to you.

Scott only does stock rebuilds I believe and I think he farms them out,

Scott only does stock rebuilds I believe and I think he farms them out,

I didn't get that impression when I talked with him, but I will double check that. I had planned on sending him one.

EDIT: I just got off the phone with Scott, and he only does 100% restorations. What he does farm out is the plating only, everything else is done in house. He stands behind his work for as long as you own the carb. He does also test it on a mule engine to be sure it's running at top efficiency.

Any performance tune would have to be done on your own.

If you have a non smog era thermoquad a stock rebuild is all you need.

Try this guy:

http://www.deanoscarbs.com/

He's got a *very* good rep with a lot of "stock carb" class racers. I haven't bought a carb from him, but have talked to him on the phone a couple times. Seems very down to earth and knowledgeable.

Demon Sizzler will be missed for sure.

Well, if he got out of it, I hope he is a happy dude in whatever he does. Relaxing, or whatever. I'll miss'em.

Heres a picture on my Demon Sizzler carb in his honor :prayer:

Attachments

• 3088.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 709
I'm sorry to hear that David has stopped doing carb work, he's been a long time asset to the hobby for sure.

As mentioned I only do complete stock restorations, I don't sell parts, unbuilt cores, or do partial repairs, but I can sometimes provide cores if needed to complete a job. Even though I restore any make of American made carburetor (Holley, Rochester, Carter AVS AFB TQ etc.) Thermo-Quads are amoung my favorites as my personal hobby car is a 71 340 Duster. As mentioned, these are built in house, but I do send out the plating, I warrant every build for as long as you own it against any restoration build defects, this is something I don't think you'll see offered elsewhere. Your carb will look factory fresh and run equally as well.

OE accuracey, factory performance, and customer satisfaction are my top priorities!

If you'd like some references please read this thread: http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7052332&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

Thank you!:burnout:

Attachments

• 4972 Thermoquad (7).JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 717
-
Back