desk top dyno

-

sixpakmopar

sixpakmopar
Reaction score
well i finally got the last big piece for my project today. bought a set of edelbrock rpm heads.here is what else i've bought .kb pistons/scat h beam rods /mp 509 cam and lifters and a victor jr intake. i plan to build this with a zero deck height/use a 750 double pumper holley and headers . can any of you guys run this thru your desk top and let me know what kind of power this combo is going to make thanks!!!! this is a 360 bored .030 with stock stroke

To zero in better, I need to know gasket bore and thickness, valve relief cc's in the head. (KB-107+.030 overbore?) Also, exact can timing events. I'll use the DTD programs figuring to do this.
Comp ratio speced at 10.78 as per the program with a zero deck piston, 68 cc head, (So to fudge it, I added 5 cc to the head chamber to make up for the valve relief in the piston. It's just moveing cc's from the piston to the head) and a 4.06 bore size/ .040 thick gasket. Cometic sells these.)
I took the specs for head flow right from there catolog.
I entered small tube header/open exhaust since you didn't spec any "Super comp" like header and a good muffler is right close to an open exhaust anyway.
The tricky part is the cam. I hope this is right. Please correct me if i'm wrong. It goes as follows;

LCA (Cam degrees) 108, Intake centerline (Crank degrees) 110
IVO 36*, IVC 76*
EVO 72*, EVC 40* , Which is the 292 purple speced as the DTD program.

Your intake is a single plane Victor. The DTD will add HP because it sees this selection as a race intake and will assume it's a race bread engine. I will also do the sim with a dual plane intake which is actually more acurate in predictions.
(I can't seem to copy it onto here.)
Peak power with the Victor is 475HP @ 6500, 434 TQ @ 5000,
With the dual plane intake, 434 HP @ 6500, 415 TQ @ 4500.
(50 HP with a intake change! ...????????????....

I have personally run this combo with exception of a Carter 750 AFB, Air Gap RPM and Hooker Super comps. I never dyno'ed the engine / car or sorry to say, NEVER been to the track, but it is a nice powerful combo that will need a decent stall converter and gears. (4.10's are nice)
My '73 Cuda is a 4spd w/4.10's. The cam wakes up @ 3,000 RPM and better. Then she runs.

Other fellows I know with this combo have run there Darts down to low 12's with slicks and other such stuff geared to the track.
The best I remember, and it's been a while since we spoke, was 12.02 in the 1/4 on a race preped car. Nothin crazy done to it.

thanks for taking the time to run this for me . i will be well satisfied to get those numbers from that combo plan on having some fun with it

Like I said above, take the results with a grain of salt. I would seriously look at the dual plane results as something closer to actual if not a tad high on HP.

-
Back