Desperately need parking brake spreading / strut rod info

-

Map63Vette

Reaction score
I have a 67 Dart with an 8.25 rear end out of what I presume is a an early 70's B body. It looks like there haven't been any modifications to the axle that I know of (like narrowing, etc.). It has 10" drums with 2.5 inch brakes (the main reason I think it's out of a B body). When I took the drums off to replace parking brake cables I found out that I'm missing the spreader / strut bar that works the parking brake. I have the lever the cable attaches to, but not the bar that goes between the shoes with the spring on it. Can anyone tell me where I can find one or post a picture of one off of this type of axle please? I'm pretty much to the point of making one myself, but I would really appreciate knowing the dimensions so that I'm not too far off so the brakes don't drag or fail to engage. I've been looking for several days now but it seems like no one knows what I'm talking about when I ask around at part stores...

Pull the other side off so you have it to compare and go to a junk yard. The 10" brakes could be the same up through the Eighties but not sure.

The problem with that would be that I happen to be missing them on both sides... I found out that it is 2.5 inch wide brakes though, so that rules out A bodies from what I've seen, but still in the dark for the brake rods. I've found that Motormite seems to be the only place that sells them, but they no longer show ANY Chrysler part numbers.

I may be off base but did you try NAPA Auto , I know they had a lot of the little brake parts I needed .

73 and later A Bodies with 8 1/4 and some 7 1/4 rears (cars with disc brakes in front) came with 10 X 2.5 brakes on the rear.

-
Back