Destined to Leak?

-

moparspares

Reaction score
Bought this a couple years ago and when I started my engine it pissed out fuel. Took it off and inspected it and discovered how it goes together. Surely this design was destined to leak. I really like the log itself but wondering if I can make it unleakable.

WARD5088.JPG

WARD5089.JPG

O'rings deteriorate with age. Those ones look pretty flat too. Someone has gone to a fair effort in designing and producing that piece, I'm assuming they had it sealing ok before it went to market.

Replace the O'rings and try again.

This is not where you want to run down to Ace and get rubber O-rings.
Check this site out:
Home | O-Rings West

A good description of O-ring materials can be found right below the chart. Using this I would try to find some Viton O-rings and feel comfortable that it was fixed for the long haul.
You do not use old fashioned fuel hose for transmission lines or with ethanol fuel, rubber O-rings are no different.
C

yup
proper O rings and make sure the distance is correct between the bowls, so there is the proper amount of pressure on the joint and be sure they sit perfectly level

either that, or find a piece of fuel line that will fit over the joint and clamp it on ;)

I sell a lot of OEM O-rings for specific applications and they are made from some pretty exotic materials sometimes.

-
Back