Detroit Muscle Tech question

-

rod7515

Reaction score
I have been trying to get in contact with DMT for over a month now and I get no answer from any person and I leave my name/number on the answer service but never get a return call. I have spoken to them in early 2015 and purchased a body gasket set. I would like to order multiple items from them now and I know they are on ebay but I want to confirm the combining of shipping costs. The fact that I cannot contact them makes me wonder if they are still doing business. I am very close to needing these parts so was just wondering if anyone has been in contact with them and are they still selling?
Thanks Rod

Not sure but they do sell through mancini racing and Roseville moparts.

I stopped by their shop a few years back and their neighbour told me they were very hit or miss if they were there or not.

They have other full-time business, they are in and out. I just had contact with them a couple of weeks ago, be patient and keep trying.

I bought parts from DMT just a couple weeks ago, everything went fine.

When I worked with Jim at Detroit Muscle Technologies to get the lower dash overlays made for the 67-71 rallye dashes we mostly communicated by email. I never had an issue, and we even sent a few dash bezels back and forth with fab time in between to get the patterns made.

I have been trying to get in contact with DMT for over a month now and I get no answer from any person and I leave my name/number on the answer service but never get a return call. I have spoken to them in early 2015 and purchased a body gasket set. I would like to order multiple items from them now and I know they are on ebay but I want to confirm the combining of shipping costs. The fact that I cannot contact them makes me wonder if they are still doing business. I am very close to needing these parts so was just wondering if anyone has been in contact with them and are they still selling?
Thanks Rod

Yes I know for sure there are still in Business, I seen him at the Mopar Swap meet last week in Michigan. I am sure if you try an email it will get to him.....

They make nice stuff but I don't think Jim is as active in DMT as he may have been. Seems to take a back seat to his regular job. I spent about five years on a 'project' to get some stuff made. Email communication was spotty at best. Call - every day. Eventually Loretta will answer.

Yes, Just got some stuff from them. As mentioned, this is a second job for Jim and he cant devote 100% of his time away from his first job to it. He's gotta sleep, eat and a few other things... and work on adding more items for us Mopar guys. Anyway just keep trying....

Just recieved a firewall gasket set from them with no problems. Bought it through Ebay but it was just that one item so didn't have to consider multiple shipping charges...

I ordered multiple items from them a month or so ago via Ebay. I was credited after they combined the shipping - without me even asking them to. Here is a direct quote from their email to me;

"Detroit Muscle Technologies just sent you a partial refund of $4.54 USD for your purchase.

If you have any questions about this refund, please contact Detroit Muscle Technologies.

The amount paid by debit or credit card will be refunded to that card. The rest will be refunded to your PayPal account.

To see all the transaction details, please log into your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account."

Great to deal with.

I have dealt with them before and everything was great(67 ac heaterbox gasket kit). I believe its a family business. They are always looking for original gaskets in good shape to use as templates and will compensate for it.

After seeing the positive replies from many members last night I went ahead and put in 3 separate orders off of ebay. Today I got confirmation that they all shipped out and are on their way to me. Its amazing that there are phone numbers to call and no one can answer them but the good news is that it looks like they ship quick once you send money!
Thanks
Rod

Im' rebuilding mine now. The gasket kit is very good. The fit is good, My complaint a only used a few of the gaskets for my non A/C Heaterbox. $40 for a few gaskets to use on my heaterbox. Not too happy. Take photos of your heaterbox before you tear it apart for reference.

So you ordered the wrong kit and you’re complaining?

$40 for all the gaskets, even for a non-AC heater box, still isn’t a bad price. And they’re high quality parts that fit.

DMT is an awesome company, has great service, and quite frankly we’re lucky to have them.

So you ordered the wrong kit and you’re complaining?

$40 for all the gaskets, even for a non-AC heater box, still isn’t a bad price. And they’re high quality parts that fit.

DMT is an awesome company, has great service, and quite frankly we’re lucky to have them.
It's the correct kit.

I also had many extra gaskets for my 66 dart non ac car once completed. I think the kit fits both ac and non ac. I was happy with fitment.
Rod

Extras here as well. I would rather have extras than a shortage.
"Not too happy"?? Really? Then call DMT and speak to them...instead of bringing up a 4 year old thread.....

Thanks Rod

You can add a note to the seller at time of checkout on ebay, and paying with PayPal.

Ebay and PayPal buying protection too, included. Good luck

Detroit Muscle are good people, they set up at Mopars in the Park, and have good products.

And I'm a big fan and customer of DMT. Good products.

Then what's the issue? $40 is too much for every gasket you need to rebuild your heater box? The kits fit a range of years, there will be some leftovers.

Making a complete kit that fits a range of years and has all the gaskets fit well isn't easy, it takes time, research, and tooling. Making them in the US is more too. I think $40 is more than reasonable. Hell that's a great price.

-
Back