Diagram

-

kegr2010

Reaction score
Does anyone have a diagram of the metering valve/ proportioning valve for a 73 Dart. Manual drum brake set up. Need to know what lines go where. I have no reference. Thanks.

Have you tried the service manual? MyMopar, free..............Also get the parts catalog

I did not think drum systems used either...just a distribution/ warning switch

Last edited:
1000% agree get the FSM as 67dart273 said...

BUT (IIRC)

In a nut shell the distro block or combo valve will be like this....

There will be 3 ports on one end and 2 ports on the other.

The end with the 2 ports goes to the rear brakes

The end with 3 ports is for the front.

For the rears with the valve mounted the top side port is the line from the master the bottom to the rear brakes.

Here is where im a bit foggy.... For the fronts either the top port or the forward one (the one on the end) comes from the master cyl and the other 2 go to the front.

This assumes you have a stock valve mounted with the warning switch pointing up.

Have you tried the service manual? MyMopar, free..............Also get the parts catalog. Thanks for the info. I did not know about the service manual on line. Thank you.

I did not think drum systems used either...just a distribution/ warning switch

1000% agree get the FSM as 67dart273 said...

Thanks for info. Greatly appreciated
BUT (IIRC)

In a nut shell the distro block or combo valve will be like this....

There will be 3 ports on one end and 2 ports on the other.

The end with the 2 ports goes to the rear brakes

The end with 3 ports is for the front.

For the rears with the valve mounted the top side port is the line from the master the bottom to the rear brakes.

Here is where im a bit foggy.... For the fronts either the top port or the forward one (the one on the end) comes from the master cyl and the other 2 go to the front.

This assumes you have a stock valve mounted with the warning switch pointing up.

-
Back