Did '67 Barracudas have individual "PLYMOUTH" letter emblems on the top driver corner

-

ZooKypr

Reaction score
Did '67 Barracudas have PLYMOUTH letter emblems on the top driver side corner or a nameplate? Got a friend restoring one and he tells me he needs the letter emblems but I thought it was a one piece nameplate? Fellas?

If you are talking about the upper front valance panel above the grilles then....Your friend is right. 67's originally had individual letters arrayed across the panel that spelled P-L-Y-M-O-U-T-H. Each letter was mounted separately into two mounting holes.
In 68 it was a one piece emblem above the driver side head light about 6" long. It shouldn't be too hard to find photos on this site that show them.

All the pics I see look like nameplates, can't find any close-ups to confirm either way anyone else.

67's had Plymouth spelled out across the front, above both grills, in individual letters. 68 had a Nameplate on the drivers side, above and starting just to the inside of the drivers side headlight.

The individual block letters on a 67 are a one year only and one model only part.
You'll find similar letters on the front and/or rear of a lot of different Plymouth models but... their mounting posts don't match the holes in a 67 Barracuda header panel. They look different also.

looks like this:

Attachments

• 67hood0007.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 140
I used the PLYMOUTH letters from a 65 Fury on my 67. There painted black in the low area of each letter and look a lot nicer than the original 67 Barracuda letters.

Did the '65 mounting holes match up to your '67 front valance mounting holes?

-
Back