Did any 72 demons come equiped w hood mounted tach??

-

swinger340

Reaction score
Local car dealer has a 72 yellow Demon. It is a 318 4 speed car and has a tach mounted to the hood. Looks like a firebird deal to me but he claims his brother bought the car when it was only 2 years old and it was an option. No fender tag or build sheet so is this possible or is he a story teller like most of the other car dealers?

Hi. I don't think it was an option. They were available through the Direct Connection catalogue and were often installed by the dealer after the car was purchased. Bobby

I remember seeing some that folks added and remember one guy took one from a 70 GTO and put on a Aspen R/T

Yeah, they looked like Pontac, but Chrysler offered them trough parts dept. and dealer
could install them, they were made by Dixco.

.............My buddy had 1 on a 74 cuda....it was there when he bought the car..........this was in 1976........kim...........i've also seen them on challengers and dart sports

I put this one on my car. It was an option in 73 but was almost always put on at the dealership. I have an old brochure that lists it as adding that sports car flair...LOL

Attachments

• Dstr 8-31-2011.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 167
the originals i have seen have a penestar below the pointer. they were a dealer option in 1970 but i dont know how long they were offered.

Google-search "1974 Valiant Super Bee" and you'll be rewarded with photos of a beautifully-restored example , complete with the hood-mounted tach :happy1:

-
Back