Did I Screw Up OR Get Hosed???

-

redrag64

Reaction score
I posted this same thread in the Body/Interior forum, but I figured I might do better in this forum...
I bought a front driver's side armrest off of ebay. The listing said it was off a 64 270 convertible Dart, and I assumed it would be the same as what came with my 64 GT convertible Dart. It turns out this armrest is 1.5 inches shorter than my passenger side (10" vs. 11.5"). Was there indeed a difference between the 270 and GT armrests, or was the description wrong? I need to know wheather I should be mad at the seller or myself. THANKS!
user_offline.gif
progress.gif

I bought a front driver's side armrest off of ebay. The listing said it was off a 64 270 convertible Dart, and I assumed it would be the same as what came with my 64 GT convertible Dart. It turns out this armrest is 1.5 inches shorter than my passenger side (10" vs. 11.5"). Was there indeed a difference between the 270 and GT armrests, or was the description wrong? I need to know wheather I should be mad at the seller or myself. THANKS!
user_offline.gif
progress.gif

I bought a front driver's side armrest off of ebay. The listing said it was off a 64 270 convertible Dart, and I assumed it would be the same as what came with my 64 GT convertible Dart. It turns out this armrest is 1.5 inches shorter than my passenger side (10" vs. 11.5"). Was there indeed a difference between the 270 and GT armrests, or was the description wrong? I need to know wheather I should be mad at the seller or myself (I have a sinking feeling..). THANKS!

I have a '65 and '64 Dart 270 2Dr hardtop door and they both have the shorter arm rest.
Mark

Thanks for the clarification. I received some feedback from the "Body/Trim" forum that made it sound like the guy misrepresented his item, and I was going to try to hold him accountable. I'm going with your input, and assume I should have done more homework. I would hate to screw someone who didn't deserve it! THANKS!

Arm rests vary between trim levels and sometimes between hardtop/post and convertible. Its best to aim for the exact part from the exact same car

-
Back