Did the 65 6 cyl have a radiator shroud

-
I have a 65 Dart V-8 and a 64 Valiant slant. Neither had a shroud when I got them, but don't know original status. I put a plastic shroud on my 65 that fit perfect on the ~72 new radiator I got, which I think might have been for a slant w/ AC.

The 65 A bodies could have come with a shroud, and it would be a 2 piece metal unit. They are pretty hard to find, and IMO the 6 cylinder model is more scarce than the V8 unit, although cheaper to buy!! Geof

To answer the OP's original question, whether or not a car had a fan shroud would depend on whether or not the car had HD cooling. HD cooling was mandatory with factory A/C and the towing package. It was also available separately.

Neither the V-8 nor /6 shrouds is symetrical with the radiator. I can not confirm this but have heard that the V-8 shroud will work on the /6 if it is rotated 180 degrees.

V8's in 65 had 22 inch radiators while the slants still had 19 inch radiators. Rotating the shroud 180 degrees in 64 "might" work as both V8 and slant radiators were 19 inches.

-
Back