Didn't think it was possible but...

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
I managed to injure my /6 Duster!
I have been having a really bad couple days and decided to take it out on my Duster,ran it flat out as hard as i could when i got to a fairly long steep hill i held it to the boards and then all the sudden the bearings start knocking REALLY loud!
I managed to limp it back home but it was making all kinds of noises,it's either the rods or main bearings but can't tell for sure.
So come spring i'll be doing an engine swap or maybe bumping up to a small-block.

It was your subconcious coming out. It's thinking small block. It's always been in your head, but it needed an excuse to do it. Well here it is. Mine did the same thing a few years back.

Man, that sucks.

Would be a different beast with a killer small block though.

What /6 do you have in there by the way?

Sounds like fate is giving you a kick in the *** Kev! Just go ahead and build a 408 for that thing and get it over with!! (Sorry to hear about the six though) I trust you will have an appropriate burial.

Man, that sucks.

Would be a different beast with a killer small block though.

What /6 do you have in there by the way?

The mighty 225! LOL
I had a 198 that would have ran circles around it but i sold it off a few years ago for almost nothing,wish that i kept it now!

Sounds like fate is giving you a kick in the *** Kev! Just go ahead and build a 408 for that thing and get it over with!! (Sorry to hear about the six though) I trust you will have an appropriate burial.

It's just a daily driver so if i go small-block it will just get a 318,i would love to get ahold of a 273 for it though.

Kev, I think you just wanted to store it with the Scamp and other Duster. Your subconcious was telling you it was getting lonely. So now your down to the truck only. Just make sure you have one of the others ready for spring.

Jack

Man you managed to kill a slant six, that must have been some beating or it was on its way out, I have seen them survive some severe stuff before such as a broken crank and still ran!

Kev, I think you just wanted to store it with the Scamp and other Duster. Your subconcious was telling you it was getting lonely. So now your down to the truck only. Just make sure you have one of the others ready for spring.

Jack

Yep just the truck now,guess i better be gentle with it!
It's still all by itself in my portable garage, the garage is full with my other 2 in there.

Man you managed to kill a slant six, that must have been some beating or it was on its way out, I have seen them survive some severe stuff before such as a broken crank and still ran!

It was getting tired and i have bit of a heavy foot so i guess it wasn't a good combination!
I had always heard that 727's were tough to but i mangaged to literally destroy one of them in the Coronet that i had.

In a way, I'm kinda glad that I actually know the guy that killed a slant six.....
sterb197.gif

All kidding aside, the WORST record for killing reliable cars was my Sister Karen. When we were growing up she managed to kill:

2 VW Beetles: One was blown up (rod through the case.....) the other hammered to death in a 1-2-3-4 punch of successive accidents. I buried the remains in a shoebox.

1 Toyota Corolla: And I quote: "I wanted to hurry home because it was overheating!" That was from Westchester County to Queens, about a 27 mile ride. The cylinder block must have glowed for an hour and I think the cylinder head dripped onto my driveway....

1 Chevy Malibu: She spit the transmission out of the car. Literally...

1 Duster: She ran it down on oil so often I had to put a piece of electrical tape over the oil pressure light. It was annoying at night.

But look at the bright side, haven't you wondered what a big block Duster would FEEL like?

I managed to injure my /6 Duster!
I have been having a really bad couple days and decided to take it out on my Duster,ran it flat out as hard as i could when i got to a fairly long steep hill i held it to the boards and then all the sudden the bearings start knocking REALLY loud!
I managed to limp it back home but it was making all kinds of noises,it's either the rods or main bearings but can't tell for sure.
So come spring i'll be doing an engine swap or maybe bumping up to a small-block.

Wow, man, you're a badass if you can kill a /6! Well, if it's any consolation, I did your 'chop today, replete with Butterscotch paint and TorqThrusts...

EvilScamp copy.jpg

I was doing something similar in my dart(/6), had the gas all the way down. Started to knock. I limp home, after jacking up the engine, pulling the oil pan and all the rod caps and mains to check the bearings, I find out it was a couple of loose bolts on the torque convertor. I will alway check those first.

don't lose faith yet,,, ya said ya had it to the floor for a while,,, ya mighta ran over a chebby or a ford and they might be wrapped around you drive shaft bangin on you floor boards. If ya get a can opener under there and cut it out the bangin might stop. GOOD LUCK

lol...if I had a dollar for everybody that told me "you just cant hurt those slants I would be a rich man...good to know they are not totally invincible!!
slanted66

Its almost comical, but still stinks to know you had a daily driver go down. BTW I have a set of shumacher mounts to make the /6 to sb conversion for A body. If you are interested let me know.

Wow, man, you're a badass if you can kill a /6! Well, if it's any consolation, I did your 'chop today, replete with Butterscotch paint and TorqThrusts...

Thanks you do nice work!
I like the wheels not to crazy about the color though! It has a long way to go before it's ready for paint so i may end up changing my mind again when it's time to paint it.

Thanks you do nice work!
I like the wheels not to crazy about the color though! It has a long way to go before it's ready for paint so i may end up changing my mind again when it's time to paint it.

Yeah, I thought that the Butterscotch was too "timid" for an EvilScamp :snakeman:
How 'bout a Blood Red?

Happy New Years, All! Be safe out there tonight if you're going out. We want you all back in one piece to roll:toothy10: in '08!

EvilScamp-BloodRed.jpg

-
Back