Difference between fender tags and buildsheets?

-

73smurf

Reaction score
Hello All,

I just found a "original complete" 1973 Petty Blue Dart. This is the first mopar i have found in this condition and have high hopes of finding a build sheet as i have never found one before. I have a question though, this car has its fender tag, as do my 1969 Roadrunner and 1969 Barracuda, will the build sheet give me any more info than i can get from the fender tag and vin? or is it just neat to find becouse its neat to find? thanks

The build sheet will tell you everything about the car....what leaf springs, torsion bars, battery, tires, wheels, EVERYTHING

There is more info on the Broadcast sheet, that is not on the fender tag.
For example wheels and tires..., it's an added piece of documentation also.

All the best,
Giles

And the best place to look for this is under my carpet and my rear seat? my front buckets are long gone so hopefully it was not there.

Some have been found in the headliner and also on top of the glove box liner.

Good luck.

Hopefully mine is not in either one of those places as the headliner was replaced and the glove box liner is all but gone.....

i found it! it is in pieces and missing some but i found it!

Is there a chance to find more than one?

I found 4 in my '68 port, I don't think I have found any complete ones in my A bodies, found a few shredded ones though.

I found 2 in my 72 duster. One behind the back of the rear seat in the springs and the other behind the drivers side rear side panel just behind the door below the quarter window.

Hello All,

I just found a "original complete" 1973 Petty Blue Dart. This is the first mopar i have found in this condition and have high hopes of finding a build sheet as i have never found one before. I have a question though, this car has its fender tag, as do my 1969 Roadrunner and 1969 Barracuda, will the build sheet give me any more info than i can get from the fender tag and vin? or is it just neat to find becouse its neat to find? thanks

SMURFTATISTIC!!

I just had to chime in after seeing your login....My wife calls my 73 duster "smurfette" because of the color (and I seem to spend a lot of time on it), not original, but not common either..... and yes the build sheet will have EVERYTHING on it... from what style hubcaps it had to what pattern/texture vinyl top..

-
Back