Difference between quarter panel skins vs. full?

-

Stepper

Reaction score
Besides the obvious shape difference with the skin not going all the way up to the factory joint with the roof, what is the difference between a replacement quarter panel skin and a full quarter panel?

Is it that the installation is different? Do you actually place a skin directly over an old quarter panel without removing the original?

That seems fishy to me. But other wise it seems to me that you you'd be cutting out old metal to replace either....

I have rust around the rear wheel opening and along the bottom of one of my quarter panels and am trying to determine the best item to purchase for repairing it.

Thanks,
Mike

A full quarter will replace all of the original. A skin is a less expensive stamping to replace the vertical areas only, like a giant patch panel more or less, used to replace as much or as little required. It isn't meant to second skin damaged metal though. Damaged or rusted areas are cut out and replaced.

If you can afford them, full quarters are all I'd do...if you have the extra money. I had a set of partials that I got with my car, decided to get full quarters instead.

-
Back