difference between steering columns

-

Nokke

Reaction score
Hey all of you i wonder whats the differnce between the manual steering column / the power steering column to 71 dart is it only the lenght is the steering clumn the same on 69-72 dart would be very happy for answers

3 inches difference in the length, some have column shift tubes where other dont, One year model has a extra key release button on top ( 71 I think ). Hope this helps

thanksfor the answer one question more does 67 valiant column fit 72 dart??

The 67 column is a lot different since that ign' switch was on the dash. It didn't have a wheel lock either. Lots of little differences between 69 and 70 up.

what would you say about a 74 valiant column??

A 74 column will work in a 72 model. With the possible exception of the female spline in the box coupling. If it comes with the 74 column, It may not fit your 72 steering gear.
I'm not sure when those changed.

will this blue one work in my 72 dart i see

DSC00895.jpg

Mopar Action recently did a nice article on steering (series of articles actually). If I were you, I'd check them out.

when i switch my coulumn in the demon all i had to do was swap out the shaft from mine to the power lock up one

P1011052.jpg

P1011050.jpg

will this blue one work in my 72 dart i see

Dont know just by looking if those are a-body columns.
The column standing upright shows 3 mounting points. The columns laying down show only 2 mounting points.
The blue one may work . It appears to be for manual steering gear. The mounting bracket could probably be changed if nesessary.
I know this doesn't help much. Sorry

-
Back