Differences between 1967 and 1969 Dart

-

arnie_human

Reaction score
I`m currently driving a 1974 Dodge Dart with the pointy nose.
But yesterday someone offered me some parts of a 1967 frontclip. And he also said that 1967 and 1969 are almost the same.

But I`m still a bit of a rookie when it comes to american classics (Mopars)
So can anyone explain to me if there are any big differences between the two and if so what are those differences ??? I`m only talking about the front end, so hood bumper fenders and grill. And perhaps the most important : is it possible to put a 67 frotn end on a 74 Dart ??

gr Arnoud

Yes you can put that font end on your 74. Got to change every thing though. Hood, grill, bumpers and mounts, fenders, rad top plate. May need a harness for the front lights too but not sure on that.

67 and 69 differences? IDK I do know I have a hard time telling a 67 from a 69 at car shows.

For one thing the 67's don't have any side marker reflectors/ lights. Front grill is different, I THINK all three years, Do the late external door lines match up to the 67 fenders?

For one thing the 67's don't have any side marker reflectors/ lights. Front grill is different, I THINK all three years, Do the late external door lines match up to the 67 fenders?

Grills are a little different but I think they should interchange 67-69. Doors have there differences but the outer door skins are the same 67-76 A body. So they will match up to the fenders.

I believe head light spacing is a little different from 67-68 to 69 as well. You will most likely have to relocate the head light buckets on your car to fit the 67.

Here is a list of posts that a fellow on /6 did converting a 74 Duster with a 67 Dart front clip.

http://slantsix.org/forum/search.php?mode=results

Grills are different all three years as are head light bezels. 67 had no side markers 68 's were round and 69 square and lower. Dashes are different. 68 was a 1 year change. other then that most parts are interchangeable.

As long as you change the whole front end, you'll be fine, but you may need to modify the wiring, and maybe some holes to accommodate the mounting areas for the other front end.

I believe head light spacing is a little different from 67-68 to 69 as well. You will most likely have to relocate the head light buckets on your car to fit the 67.

Here is a list of posts that a fellow on /6 did converting a 74 Duster with a 67 Dart front clip.

http://slantsix.org/forum/search.php?mode=results

No, the headlights bolt to the fenders, so it will all work as long as he uses everything from the donor car.

69 is pointy just like the 74.... ok not as bad but it still is pointy :)

I`m currently driving a 1974 Dodge Dart with the pointy nose.
But yesterday someone offered me some parts of a 1967 frontclip. And he also said that 1967 and 1969 are almost the same.

But I`m still a bit of a rookie when it comes to american classics (Mopars)
So can anyone explain to me if there are any big differences between the two and if so what are those differences ??? I`m only talking about the front end, so hood bumper fenders and grill. And perhaps the most important : is it possible to put a 67 frotn end on a 74 Dart ??

gr Arnoud

I think it would look a little strange, personally if I were to make a change I would change it out to a Duster front clip.

Keep in mind the most common swap is for a 70 - 72 Dart front end in order to rid yourself of the nasty beak. Sorry to those of you who love it the ugly beak.
Lots of those parts available from 4 door cars.

Here are some pics to see the diffrence

Grills are a little different but I think they should interchange 67-69. Doors have there differences but the outer door skins are the same 67-76 A body. So they will match up to the fenders.
I have 67 doors in 70 body and doors won´t fit properly. Bottom won´t go deep anough.
Does anybody know, are the hinges also same?

-
Back