differences in front suspension

-

trbodrt

Reaction score
I have a 72 dart originally a slant 6 with corresponding front suspension, I also have a 73 dart donor car original 318 with disc brakes. I will be taking off everything needed to convert to bbp, I would use the k frame but I already have the slant 6 k frame bolted up and powdercoated, I'm just wondering if anything else off the 73 v8 car is different or better that I should use on my 72 and if it will bolt up the same, the center link looks a little different and I noticed that the inner tie rods bolt up different, any help would be appreciated.

will a centerlink from a 73 v8 dart fit on a 72 dart originally a slant 6 car, the inner tie rods seem to bolt to the center link different on each car, will the v8 center link give more clearence? I'm just wondering if it's worth swapping or if I should just leave the 72 centerlink that I have bolted in.

73 pitman, center link and idler are different
from the way it sounds , just grab your bbp brake parts off the 73, leave the rest alone

From what I remember, the 73 k-frame has the sway bar through the k-frame, not hanging from the front. This arrangement is better as the lever arm is shorter. If you are converting to a V8, the motor mounts for the '73 are more suited to your needs than the /6 k-frame, but adaptor motor mounts are available. I personally like the captured motor mounts used on the newer k-frames over the sandwitch mounts as they are less prone to failure.

The Idler Arm mounting is superior on the later K-frame as well. Use the later K-frame, and sell the slant 6 one to someone on the board. You will not regret this.

I already have the slant 6 k powder coated, damnit! I guess it's worth selling and getting the other one coated. I have already rebuilt every piece on the front suspension including the power steering box, what will work and not work with the spool mount k frame?

The motor mounts are different you will need the 318 k member unless you want to pay lots more for the conversion mounts.

The PS will work, (if it's big shaft I can't remember if there is a small shaft pitman with the '73+ drag link end) different pitman, better design IMO sway bar. I would just use everything from the late model car including the T bars unless you are planning on upgrading them.

-
Back