Different alt bracket for Edelbrock heads

-
So the chrome mount is good? The one in AMD kit nfg?
correct

The paper that came with the bracket is for both early and late model? Possible I ordered late and got early? The crude drawing on the paper makes the early model look very different, but you know how that goes.

So headers or manifolds?
Headers

I put the balancer and pulleys on and the water pump and power steering pump both drive off the front most crank pulley. The alternator looks like it drives off the middle pulley on the crank. There is no way I'm going to wiggle things around with that alternator bracket and get it to work. It's not just a matter of needing a spacer to fill out the space - the bolt/bolt hole isn't in the right place.

At least one thing made me laugh. Which is really zero?
View attachment 1716215376

What year power steering bracket is that? I need to make brackets (62 pump on a LA motor) and something like that would get me much closer to start with...

What year power steering bracket is that? I need to make brackets (62 pump on a LA motor) and something like that would get me much closer to start with...
That's off a 77 Fury, one of the last big ones.

I might have a spare set of brackets, seems like they're missing a part though, will look and if it helps you out then we can work something out.

That's off a 77 Fury, one of the last big ones.

I might have a spare set of brackets, seems like they're missing a part though, will look and if it helps you out then we can work something out.
What i should do it try a whole 70s pump/bracket and try to find a pressure hose that would work..

Glad ya got it resolved, maybe an AMD phone call will get correct one on way?
Here's a pic of my alt mount. No idea where I got it, but that "extra" 4th hole is threaded, so I used it to mount swing arm. That way you don't disturb any wp/timing cover bolts when changing/tightening belt.
correct

The paper that came with the bracket is for both early and late model? Possible I ordered late and got early? The crude drawing on the paper makes the early model look very different, but you know how that goes.

Headers

20240120_130806.jpg

What i should do it try a whole 70s pump/bracket and try to find a pressure hose that would work..
All I know is Sagnaw or Federal, and I'm not sure a 62 pump would be either.

I agree you'd be ahead getting it all together if you can. You know rebuilding the pump is basically a no-brainer, right? The only special tool you need is the tool to pull the pulley, either from Harbor Freight, or a loaner from a local parts store, and you can get the rebuild kits from RockAuto. :thumbsup:

No idea where I got it, but that "extra" 4th hole is threaded, so I used it to mount swing arm. That way you don't disturb any wp/timing cover bolts when changing/tightening belt.
I saw someone had posted that before but didn't explain why. That makes perfect sense.

All I know is Sagnaw or Federal, and I'm not sure a 62 pump would be either.

I agree you'd be ahead getting it all together if you can. You know rebuilding the pump is basically a no-brainer, right? The only special tool you need is the tool to pull the pulley, either from Harbor Freight, or a loaner from a local parts store, and you can get the rebuild kits from RockAuto. :thumbsup:

It's not a matter of rebuilding it, the poly mounts are different from LA which i didn't know when i did the swap... will figure it out

-
Back