Digging the ratrod look

-
If I paint it, then I will have to wash it. Keep it ratty my friends

20191117_130232.jpg

I don't mind the look as long as there is NO rusted out metal!! I have to get rid of rust!
Yep I agree I hate rust holes. I have driven rusted up vehicles as long as I've been driving. It's time for a change lol

I don't mind the look as long as there is NO rusted out metal!! I have to get rid of rust!
Yep. I've got a couple spots that need attention. As in, remove and replace. But I've got pretty good at plending crappy old paint with a rattle can, lol.
20200418_195930.jpg
20200418_195917.jpg

I admit when I drag home a project (sees like often), first thing I do is power wash the rat turds and spiders then go buy a $60 4 x 8 sheet of 18 ga mild steel , some cutoff whens ,a wire cup about 3 inches and operate!!!!! Since I m retired, not long before it is solid again. Need full quarters? let someone else buy it!!!! lol
A gal of epoxy primer and activator from SPI makes 2 gal total,will prime and seal 2-3 cars. Costs $200. A gal of good filler is about $70Some assortd sandpaper, another $1 will do4-5 cars. I get by right now with a $350 compressor from Horrible Freight.
OR cu t ut the rust, weld in new, a little primer, and keep all the patina till I get tired of looking at it!!!!! lol

100_2313.JPG

100_2301.JPG

100_2567 - Copy.JPG

100_2574 - Copy.JPG

100_2571.JPG

100_2565 - Copy.JPG

100_2383.JPG

100_2629.JPG

Dang barbee you have a very impressive collection!
My wife claims the RoadTod o it is a keeper. To go with it, there is the 62 Dart B body. The 2 F bodies are pretty much done and drivers, so they are what I have to run the roads right now. I need to sell off the F bodies but all the guys that want them are in Oh not TX!!!!!!!
That Duster fond a new home last summer. Sorta miss it.

My wife claims the RoadTod o it is a keeper. To go with it, there is the 62 Dart B body. The 2 F bodies are pretty much done and drivers, so they are what I have to run the roads right now. I need to sell off the F bodies but all the guys that want them are in Oh not TX!!!!!!!
That Duster fond a new home last summer. Sorta miss it.
I want that white f body! That thing is sharp! I like the toad in the last pic too. I always have wanted one of them. Everyone thinks they are ugly but I love them.

^^ I love the "unusual" look of the Toad and I have always loved the early B bodies mainly 62,3 and 65's... mosty. OK I love 64 Savoys.
Yep that white 79 Volare is a never rusted Tx slant 9000 mi car. But it is what it is.. an F and a slant!!!! Painted last summer, front buckets need done drive home, $4500 !!

^^ I love the "unusual" look of the Toad and I have always loved the early B bodies mainly 62,3 and 65's... mosty. OK I love 64 Savoys.
Yep that white 79 Volare is a never rusted Tx slant 9000 mi car. But it is what it is.. an F and a slant!!!! Painted last summer, front buckets need done drive home, $4500 !!
My all time favorite car ever is a 64 fury/Savoy it's one of those cars I know I will probably never have but it's a dream of mine. My 2nd favorite is a barracuda of any year I like them all. Then darts of course haha i kick myself in the butt all the time because when I was young like 19 or 20 I found a 64 fury 318 3 speed car complete running and driving with a title for 500 bucks and I passed on it because it was a 4 door. Now I'm older and wiser I love 4 door classics and want that car just as much if not more than a 2 door. I could beat my head against a wall for not buying that car. I heard years later in got crushed because noone would buy it. :BangHead:

^^^^ The tri five chevy guys have been loving their 4 door for quite a while now. The Mopar guys are just starting to pay some attention to the more door for something other than a parts car! Like everything none are easy to find anymore.

Great color. If your not careful you might just squirt the rest!
The plan was to wait in the body work till next summer but it looks so good my wife is really pushing hard for me to paint the whole thing now! Lol I mean I havent gotten my block back from the machinist yet. And I can technically install the engine in the winter. And I cant paint in the winter so..... idk yet but I'm so happy with the engine bay and the color it's so nice! The mask works great btw! Thank you

Glad to see it go to good use. BTW even your puppy looks impatient!

20200531_111221.jpg
Ratty muscle, it has rust in the 1/4s and i have new fenders just busy enjoying driving it.

Glad to see it go to good use. BTW even your puppy looks impatient!
He is a photo hog everytime I get my phone out he comes running to get in the picture lol. He is on almost everything I take lol

My all time favorite car ever is a 64 fury/Savoy it's one of those cars I know I will probably never have but it's a dream of mine. My 2nd favorite is a barracuda of any year I like them all. Then darts of course haha i kick myself in the butt all the time because when I was young like 19 or 20 I found a 64 fury 318 3 speed car complete running and driving with a title for 500 bucks and I passed on it because it was a 4 door. Now I'm older and wiser I love 4 door classics and want that car just as much if not more than a 2 door. I could beat my head against a wall for not buying that car. I heard years later in got crushed because noone would buy it. :BangHead:

Not having a iron in the fire , but , the last time I was at Jim Hales place in Ark. , he had one of every 64 ply. made , all were bright red .
Wagons, 4 doors, hard tops sport coupes superstocker, was kick a$$ to see !

-
Back