Digital speedometers

-

Dartnewbie

Former Dart owner
Reaction score
I am thinking about updating to a digital speedometer such as those offered by Cyberdyne. I have a /6 auto in a 63 Dart. Now my question is will the sender I need to use with this setup work with my tranny? They sell a Chrysler sender but I have no idea if it would bolt into the tranny and just replace the stock cable coming out. Anyone tried this on an early A body? If this won't work, any other digital gauges that would work?

Nordskog Instruments, were originally designed for race boats. Their speedometers work on GPS signals and are basically plug-n-play. Their multi-function meters can solve some space problems. M

I'm using the the auto meter sender with a vdo digital speedometer in my 63 dart with a 360/904 and it has worked flawless for almost two years and 10k miles. the sender does fit but very tight and must be positioned correctly to not hit the tranny crossmember. The install is pretty easy and the setup is slick as heck. Just start at a mile marker and set the speedo when you get to the next mile marker hit the set button again and your done. Very accurate too.

I'll give you the downside to aftermarket digital dash panels, I've had both the amber and blue display from Nordskog, they work flawless, are easy to calibrate as previously stated but on a bright day you can hardly read the display! If the sun shines directly on the panel, it totally is illegible, nothing!! Finally yanked it out and built an anolgue instrument panel with Autometer gauges. Electronic speedometer calibrates the same way, gauges were easier to read and just as accurate. Maybe it's an age thing but a quick glance at an analogue(needle) isn't the same as reading a number and having it register.

Thanks for the input on the Autometer stuff. Anyone use the ones by Cyberdyne? They are a little cheaper and the sending unit is different from the one picture you linked to. I assume I need a tight fit so nothing leaks as well as it seats right to spin. I think I have the 904 tranny with the /6, does that sound right?

I just wanted to clear up confusion, the vdo is a needle type speedo that has digital inards. Works just like the old style. And it fit right in the same hole with a little trimming.

What about the Dakota Digital panels? I'm thinking about going that route and picking up some of their modernized accessories.

cyberdene is junk and they warranty is useless. i paid 200 bucks for their set up and threw it in the dumpster.

-
Back