Dillinger Upper Control Arms

-

metallidart

member me?
Reaction score
I bought one of the last sets he made, and I have no complaints about the quality, although I have yet to drive on them. I do, however, have a question, andits been nagging me for months.

I bought them with the poly bushings, which were Prothane, and had no outer shell. When you put them in the arm, it is a loose fit-actually, some play-and when I asked him, he noticed it as well, and said Prothane said they were for the measurements he had, and so far no problems.

How many of you have these arms, with the prothane bushings? I am kind of thinking that the arms need the press-fit type, with the outer sleeve already installed, similar to the stock replacement. I just havent had the chance to check.

If that is the case, I will use the Prothane in the stock arms in my 68 and use the MP poly bushings with the outer sleeves in my Dillinger arms.

Sounds like you need to call Prothane. If I'm understanding you correctly, he noticed it, shipped it anyways, and waited for you to ask about it to say anything?

And you have to buy more parts to use these arms?

It's been nagging you for months?

The guy that sold 'em to you didn't take care of this issue?

And you're happy with this?

I just want to make sure I understand everything before I offer any opinions.

Yes to all. Guilty.
Be gentle. lol

I guess I just accepted it when he told me, I had to get the car moved and those were the only arms I had. Had alot going on at the time, he gave me an answer and I went with it. I ddont get to do much with the car they are on, so I usually only remember when I can't check lol.

I remember he sold them for a while with oem rubber bushings, and he switched to poly. I was curious if anyone else had the same issue. I have a set of the poly bushings with the inner and outer sleeves, what I had thought about doing is installing those in the dillinger arms that are in my 73 Dart Sport, and using the prothane bushings without outer sleeves in the oem arms I am putting in my 68 Dart, as long as I can keep the outer sleeves in place.

-
Back