Dimmer switch location

-

jacko241

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
On my 1974 Duster the dimmer switch was not mounted down, and the floorpan was replaced. Does someone have a picture showing the mounting location? Thanks in advance.

On my 1974 Duster the dimmer switch was not mounted down, and the floorpan was replaced. Does someone have a picture showing the mounting location? Thanks in advance.

Here it is on a '70 Dart being parted out. Hope it helps.

IMG_1490.JPG

You might want to wait until you install your carpet. Line the switch up with the grommet.

Don't drill the holes . Put them in with an awl. This gives more sheet metal for the screw to hold onto. Go deep enough for the tip of the screw to start. It will make its own threads as it spreads the hole. It take a hex head screws so turning it in will be easy with a socket.

Thanks Mike, the carpet is installed, and it does not have a grommet, so I have to cut a hole.
Burn the hole with a soldering gun.. and FYI the factory didn't use a grommet in '69/70 at least, not certain on '74 but I doubt it.

To put the hole in the carpet. Sharpen the end of a pipe inside diameter the size of the dimmer by beveling the outside diameter. . locate the hole put the pipe in place with a piece of wood behind it and give it a good whack with a hammer.

Don't put your and behind it. Use you neighbors hand.LOL

-
Back