Dipstick for magnum

-

nrp3

Reaction score
What can I replace the stock Durango dipstick tube with? Magnum crate motors seem to have a straighter, shorter dipstick tube. The stock one is pretty tall and maybe I'll run into hood clearance problems with the duster.

The stock dip stick and hood clearance problems?

I'm sorry, but do you hear yourself????????

Take A Tubing Cutter And Shorten The Tube, Then Cut Dipstick And Make A New Full Mark On It.

RBS, why would he need to cut a stock tube, that fits without hood clearance?

Ok, maybe I'm the dipstick. Forgive me, the kids have been sick, so we're a little tired around here. The one on the motor (from a durango) is tall and I suppose it looks a little out of place. Looking at the photos of magnum crate motors, they seem to have a nice short relatively straight dipstick. All the aftermarket dipsticks are listed for LA motors up to say 91. Would any of them work for me? I have the Kevco 6 qt pan on the motor now.

RBS, why would he need to cut a stock tube, that fits without hood clearance?

The stock magnum moter from a Durango, Dakota, RAM sticks up past the acessories (alternator, AC condesor) which are on the top of the motor. It's probally a foot longer than is needed if you are putting the engine in a car with a convention acessory drive.

My bad, I'm sorry. I'm thinking LA dip stick which is barley above the head.

Don't sweat it. I've got a good (twisted) sense of humor. I guess it comes down to whether the diameter of the tubes are the same. I have no idea. I am assuming that when mopar made magnum crate motors, they used the same oil pan and dipstick kit that they sell seperately. What happens when I assume, though... Furthermore, whether it will work with the Kevco pan? I dont care about the fill marks. I assume that they will need to either be marked or changed depending on which one I buy.

-
Back