dipstick length

-

'Bout Time!!

Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea about how long the oil dipstick and tube should be for a 360 with a stock oil pan for a car? Mine is MIA. Thanks everyone!

I'm wondering the same thing, actually. Possibly the same as a 318 pan? Will be watching this thread...

EDIT: yup, same stick and tube as the 318 - looks like Summit has one, ebay probably has a bunch(can't check on a work computer...) I can measure mine when I get home, if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

I finally just did a fresh oil change with filter and marked my stick full, than 1/2 inch under that marked it add. Made it real easy. Used 5 qts of oil with filter.

I finally just did a fresh oil change with filter and marked my stick full, than 1/2 inch under that marked it add. Made it real easy. Used 5 qts of oil with filter.

That's how to do it. Make your own full mark right after you do an oil and filter change and ran it around the block once.

Here's the stick out my 318, no accessories - looks like a 28" stick and a 9" tube. Basically about 10" inside the pan, this one says full about 8.5" from the pan entrance, and add about a half inch below that. Is agree that the easiest and probably most accurate would be to mark your own, though.

Attachments

• 63447_4557579147275_747350981_n.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 386
Thanks everyone for all the info. Its all very helpful.
After I titled this post that, I was wondering if anyone else's mind would wonder on over to the gutter.....

That's how I did it.. After an oil change and cut off my dip stick 3/4'' off longer then full :glasses7:

-
Back