Dipstick?

-

Ohio Ironhead

Reaction score
I hate to admit this being a mechanic. The /6 is new to me and I just got a duster with one in it. I only have one problem so far I cant find the dipstick. I have searched all over the engine and there is not one there. I know it should be by the drivers side motor mount but its not there. Does anyone have any ideas?

Let me go lift the hood on my Valiant and Dart... I gotta make sure mine haven't escaped... They were by the drivers motor mount??????

Been awhile but found this pic. Hope it helps.

7336_7.jpg

I have the same setup as in the pic except for the dipstick. I looked and there appears to be a spot in the block whree the dipstick should go but the oil pan does not kick out for it tho go thru. Would I be wrong in thinking that someone has used the wrong oil pan for the motor. I thought I had read about the truck and car oil pans being different.

It's got to be in there somewhere 8) Looks like it goes through thre blocl first

4390dual exhaust 006.jpg

Computer Repair Ken Slater 037.jpg

I will double check when I get home but I had 2 other people look 1 of which was my father who raced mopars for years, and there is nothing. I'm going to contact the previous owner and see what he says. I know he told me the engine was rebuilt last year I'm just wondering if they used the wrong oil pan when the put it back together. I hate to drive the car since I just got it and can't check to oil!

The tube is indeed press fit into the block. I have a tube but gave away my only spare dipstick. When you go to get one be aware the are 4 different ones. 3 car 63-66, 67-76, 79-87 then a least 1 truck. I honestly dont know about the pre 63. If you get a universal I can give you the measurement for how long it is.
Frank

Pardon me, Memike... can you explain the unusual growth on that exhaust manifold???

Inquiring minds need to know.....

Thanks!

Pardon me, Memike... can you explain the unusual growth on that exhaust manifold???

Inquiring minds need to know.....

Thanks!
I sure will , They cam off a 305 chebby That will have a shield around them when the exhaust is hooked up so all you will see is two pipes coming out from under a stainless shield.

If your dipstick is indeed missing, I have one out of a '73 Duster you can have complete with tube. If you want it PM an address.

-
Back