direct connection big block K member

-

d5667

Member this?
Reaction score
Anyone have a picture of this K frame?I bought a bunch of A body parts-and the guy said the K frame was big block direct connection.Just trying to ID it.Thanks

The "real" DC k-member will have some extra metal welded in. It's not necessary when you build one, but the saddles will be cut and rewelded in the same locations.

Thanks Jim;do you know of any stamped numbers on the frame that would ID this as DC or was it just an in house change?

Here ya go

Attachments

• scan0037.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 925
  • scan0087.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,000
I've only had my hands on one original DC k-member. I didn't notice anything as far as numbers go. I can tell if it's original with close up pics of the motor mount saddles (from the opposite side of the k).

Thanks Haze;mine looks like yours-does yours have any numbers on it?Jim could you give me your E mail-I can't seem to load pics on here.Thanks

I have one of these K frames and the mounts are cut off and welded back on approx. 1 1/2- 2 inches ,then re-enforced. Beside a small block its easy to see the set back. No P# on mine, The Chassis manual has a pic and explanation.

-
Back