Direct Connection Big Block Valve Covers (Rare)?

-
I put baffles in the first set before it became an Modified Production winner back in my valve cover racing days.

I have looked for a set at a reasonable price for some time. Gave up and used an old set of chrome ones I found.

image000000(10).jpg

I love the blue aluminum valve covers, but they just aren't worth the trouble to use them unless you never drive the car or remove the covers. Like several have already mentioned they are really easy to bend and hard to keep from leaking since you can't apply hardly any torque to the bolts without bending them.

Best bet is to just sell them and buy a pair of steel or cast aluminum if you want orange. It would be vast mistake to paint them when there are guys waiting to own them as is.

Here's of cheap chrome valve covers I scuffed up, painted orange, and slapped some stickers on for my 63 Max wedge clone.

Tom

017.JPG

Thanks for the explanation.
Baffles in valve covers seems like basic functionality. Don’t know why anyone would produce valve covers without them…

Because these are drag race pieces. 1/4 mile at a time. Very lightweight valve covers to cut weight.

-
Back