Direct Connection chin spoiler

-
If you're not going to reproduce I would really like to purchase shipping to 29016 SC.....I will have some copied

No photos of it on the Charger, I took it off soon after buying the car, that was 15 years ago

Frodee - what kind of electronic file do you need to reproduce it, assuming you get an electronic file like a point cloud from a 3d scanner?

Frodee - what kind of electronic file do you need to reproduce it, assuming you get an electronic file like a point cloud from a 3d scanner?
I'm old school I never tried a 3d scanner to build something I always made my own from scratch or make a mold off an existing part.
Would be more than happy to reproduce your spoiler and just so you know most know me on FABO I'm a bit odd but an honest guy.

I'm old school I never tried a 3d scanner to build something I always made my own from scratch or make a mold off an existing part.
Would be more than happy to reproduce your spoiler and just so you know most know me on FABO I'm a bit odd but an honest guy.
This is the one I built for my 73 Scamp kinda looks

IMG_20211226_100422799.jpg
familiar to yours.
IMG_20211120_141542506.jpg

Scamp one looks good. I got a postal estimate to send from NZ to USA, and was outrageous... over $400 USD, and that was using measurements smaller than the spoiler (online calculator wouldnt take the actual length of the spoiler) so would be even more than $400. I could try one of our shippers, but would be sea freight, 4-6 weeks. Took some fresh pics too btw

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Scamp one looks good. I got a postal estimate to send from NZ to USA, and was outrageous... over $400 USD, and that was using measurements smaller than the spoiler (online calculator wouldnt take the actual length of the spoiler) so would be even more than $400. I could try one of our shippers, but would be sea freight, 4-6 weeks. Took some fresh pics too btw

View attachment 1716157061

View attachment 1716157063

View attachment 1716157064

View attachment 1716157065

View attachment 1716157066
Yea that's way to much money.
Looks simple to build though and a real shame not to reproduce it.
Any way you could get someone over there to make them?

Would still have the same problem of expensive shipping to get them back to any buyers in the USA

How our online 3D printing service works​

Upload a 3D File
Send us your. .stl, .obj or any 3d files. Don't have a CAD file ready? We also provide a professional 3D CAD services. Just send us your design and we'll handle the rest.
Tell us what you need
The material, quantities and a short description of your project. If you're unsure, don't sweat it. We will guide you to the perfect solution!
Receive a quote
You'll get an email and a call from us immediately so we can talk about the best and most cost effective way to approach your project. No minimum order quantities!
Pay and print
Once the quote is approved we will start 3D printing your idea. We'll keep you updated and we'll make sure the result is exactly what you want or even more. No minimum orders.
Shipping or pickup
We offer nationwide delivery or you can pick it up from one of our local studios near you.
On-demand 3D Printing Service [High Quality] | PrintAWorld

Perhaps this service could be used. The process is in the quote. Frodee could receive the print and use it as the master. I like the Go Fund Me idea brought up earlier. Frodee and C500 should be compensated nicely.

We would need to figure out the cost for scanning, cost for the printing service, and ...
@Frodee , how many could you make? We need to make enough to cover the costs so we also need to get a head count of "For Sure" investors.

On-demand 3D Printing Service [High Quality] | PrintAWorld

Perhaps this service could be used. The process is in the quote. Frodee could receive the print and use it as the master. I like the Go Fund Me idea brought up earlier. Frodee and C500 should be compensated nicely.

We would need to figure out the cost for scanning, cost for the printing service, and ...
@Frodee , how many could you make? We need to make enough to cover the costs so we also need to get a head count of "For Sure" investors.
I can make 2 a day easy. Cost wise? I haven't bought any fiberglass resin in a long time but would guess about 50 bucks per spoiler for material on the high side and that would be painted in bedliner flat black.

I had a quote to accurately laser scan this, accuracy 0.07mm, post-processing and an 'STL' file is made. Not cheap either, works out around $600 USD just to get the scan done

@Frodee FWIW, I think yours is better. The 73+ bumper isn't flat on the bottom and you made the contour of your air dam match the contour of the bumper.
There isn't a contour on the Direct Connection one. At least, it appears flat to me and would be better suited on a 70-72.
Maybe we could have you make a little batch of them this winter?

@Frodee FWIW, I think yours is better. The 73+ bumper isn't flat on the bottom and you made the contour of your air dam match the contour of the bumper.
There isn't a contour on the Direct Connection one. At least, it appears flat to me and would be better suited on a 70-72.
Maybe we could have you make a little batch of them this winter?
Mine bolts to the bumper brackets on my 73 not the bumper. I made the contour to help with air flow to the radiator.
I'll get you some pictures. Also I can change them so if someone wanted a taller one or shorter in height.

I also built a center console for my Scamp out of fiber glass and was fun. May not be the best looking custom console but I like it and it's functional.

IMG_20211107_155138694_HDR.jpg

-
Back