-
Status
Not open for further replies.

walt

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
i have a 74 duster and i am looking for the rear spoiler from direct connection, P4120358 i believe is the correct p/n. used is fine or nos if price is right. i live in detroit area and can travel if need be. thanks,dartman1:burnout:

thanks for the quick reply. i did a quick search and didnt find it. any chance you could post a link? thanks for the help,dartman1:prayer:

I'll see if I can find it again, It was a used one, and had a pic of it mounted on a duster.

thanks for the help! i always manage to want the hard to find stuff! dartman1

Original DC spoilers are made of abs plastic and have mounting holes on the outside. This one is made of fiberglass and mounts on the inside.

Soon I plan to pull a mold off mine and repop them. Originals will have divits to mount them.

Attachments

• DC Spoiler.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 743
Soon I plan to pull a mold off mine and repop them. Originals will have divits to mount them.

Now if you could make on the bolts to the back of a dart and look right, that would be cool!

I bought one of these just because the DC ones are pretty hard to come by and I wanted the smooth look vs. all the mounting bolts showing. Needless to say, don't go that route if you're looking for something to take out of the box and bolt on. The fit and finish on the eBay one leave quite a bit to be desired, it'll take more than a little sanding and paint to make it work right. Auction states clearly that the fiberglass one will need prep work for paint etc, but its a little more serious than that I think.

Don't get me wrong, I still intend to use mine, but its going to need some more fiberglass work to get it where I want it to be for installation.

thanks everyone for the response/info. if i had the time i would try and make one myself. i see a little cash cow for someone if you have the skills. kegan71 if you make them , ill take one when your ready. good luck. dartman1:D

72bluNblu nailed it.

I recently picked one of these up for less $$$ from a friend who decided it was beyond his skill level...it definitely is not for the faint of heart.

We will see this Spring whether it makes it on my car...or gets passed on!

Paul
I bought one of these just because the DC ones are pretty hard to come by and I wanted the smooth look vs. all the mounting bolts showing. Needless to say, don't go that route if you're looking for something to take out of the box and bolt on. The fit and finish on the eBay one leave quite a bit to be desired, it'll take more than a little sanding and paint to make it work right. Auction states clearly that the fiberglass one will need prep work for paint etc, but its a little more serious than that I think.

Don't get me wrong, I still intend to use mine, but its going to need some more fiberglass work to get it where I want it to be for installation.

Attachments

• RearSpoiler.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,011
I have an original one still in the box and also the front chin spoiler. I'm holding on to until I sell the Duster since it might be part of a deal.

Hey dude, frank in vancouver canada hear,
i've been looking for a decent reproduction of these as my plastic one is broken and ruined around the holes otherwise i'd fix it.
Have you made any new ones yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back