Direct or specific fit headers a body

-

couper 340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has any one used what they call direct fit headers on a 70 duster? these are headers that are used on low ground clearance cars from what i read.
Hedman headers & patriot has them ,they also call them short headers not shorty.

Do they clear the steering box , starter and frame rail on a manual steering box a body car.

patriot #737-h826-1 jegs

Hedmen thanks

Attachments

• header.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 439
  • header1.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 423
The headers i am looking for stop at the bottom of the frame rail and then your pipe goes to them and as far as i know they are so they dont hit the ground when you go over speed bumps or high drive ways .

737-streetroddiagram.jpg
This is what they look like . Hey come down by the firewall and do not stick out from the bottom of the car.

those look cool! to get better scavenging wrap them to keep the exhaust temp higher. this will increase the velocity up a bit longer down the pipeline.

The headers i am looking for stop at the bottom of the frame rail and then your pipe goes to them and as far as i know they are so they dont hit the ground when you go over speed bumps or high drive ways .

Block Huggers (shorties)

Hi All

I have a 73 Duster with those ground smacking headers on, the low part is now virtually flat on mine.

The ones I am thinking of using are these from Hedman:

Appreciate thoughts and ideas.

Failing that I am going to try and find some standard 360 exhaust manifolds.

Kev

Attachments

• Hedman Headers.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 272
Sorry, I have just read all related threads on the Heddman Shorty headers, think I will look for standard manifolds!

Cheers

Kev

-
Back