direct tv or Dish

-
It isn't just Dish that has the added commercials. I have Directv I get Gunsmoke on TVLand and I noticed all the extra commercials too. Same goes when Andy Griffiths on. Sometimes a 1/2 hr Andy Griffith show will run nearly 45 minutes :tongue2:. Those old 1/2 hr shows generally ran between 20 and 25 minutes so that means nearly 50% of the time it's on is commercials. That's BS! Good thing I have a DVR to record things so I can bypass the commercials.

Agree, I rarely watch anything I didn't Tivo, especially the drags

It isn't just Dish that has the added commercials. I have Directv I get Gunsmoke on TVLand and I noticed all the extra commercials too. Same goes when Andy Griffiths on. Sometimes a 1/2 hr Andy Griffith show will run nearly 45 minutes :tongue2:. Those old 1/2 hr shows generally ran between 20 and 25 minutes so that means nearly 50% of the time it's on is commercials. That's BS! Good thing I have a DVR to record things so I can bypass the commercials.

Hmm..........., I don't see that here. I wonder what's up with that.

I have had DirecTV for 12 years, I considered switching to Dish a while back, but after talking with them on the phone it was easy to forget them.

I've been with DirecTV since the third generation, I think. Only when we get a heavy thunderstorm, or a lot of snow do we lose signal. I'm pretty satisfied with what I have. Considered going to Dish, but they wanted a lot more for what I have.

Good luck!

j

Hmm..........., I don't see that here. I wonder what's up with that.

I have had DirecTV for 12 years, I considered switching to Dish a while back, but after talking with them on the phone it was easy to forget them.

That's odd. You'd think since we have the same service things would be the same but since all states don't have the same laws maybe your one of the lucky few that is in a state where they can't add extra commercials.

That's odd. You'd think since we have the same service things would be the same but since all states don't have the same laws maybe your one of the lucky few that is in a state where they can't add extra commercials.

It is odd, a 30 minute show is a 30 minute show, with a few commercials of course but nothing like you guys were describing.

I have had Dish and it sucked due to always going out with a cloudy day. I have had verizon FIOS tv and good until the bills started to go wayyyy out of control. I switched to Direct TV and was skeptical due to it being a dish on roof again, but can't complain at all. I think it went out one time in a year and a half. Price is reasonable for what I am getting.

Nothing but issues with Comcast. They are rated as one of the most hated companies in the US. Terrible customer service. After 10 years I dropped them like a bad habit. Tried to get Direct TV but I have a big tree in the way of the signal. Tried to get Dish and they missed their appointment 3 times. They finally showed up one day out of the blue, I sent him packing.

I just stream Netflix and Hulu now. $8.00ea a month.

-
Back