Dirt track at a drag strip??

-
fayettville nc motorsports park has both no issues, natral bridge va raceway has both, no issues! most dirt tracks running crate motor class's now days and dont stir up the dust as much as open steelheads and supers do! proper track prep should keep dust down nuff to not be a nusence. the breeze and its direction will be biggest help or hurt in this. dirt fans and racers accept the dust as part of the racing thay love but rest of the motor sports population dont care for it! if its that big a deal you said 5 other tracks convenient to you, your track owner spent the bucks to do what he felt was best for him, way life gose! i like all types racing but dirt an drag my favorites.

I’ve spent quite a few nights at Eldora and Lawrenceburg watching Usac racing and world of outlaws. Those tracks are in tip top shape and at the end of every night there is dust everywhere. Same goes with the late models and this tracks on running springs and late models. I love this drag strip and it’s the one I grew up going to. I do not want to see this track close but I know this is going to keep the drag racers away. That’s life though I guess. It’s that guys track so he can do what he wants.

Minot ND has state fair grounds with dirt track and drag strip next to it. When drags run late and overlap the roundys, the dust can get on strip and make it slippery. They had to shut down early for dusty track. Almost wrecked some cars.

I’ve spent quite a few nights at Eldora and Lawrenceburg watching Usac racing and world of outlaws. Those tracks are in tip top shape and at the end of every night there is dust everywhere. Same goes with the late models and this tracks on running springs and late models. I love this drag strip and it’s the one I grew up going to. I do not want to see this track close but I know this is going to keep the drag racers away. That’s life though I guess. It’s that guys track so he can do what he wants.
yeah with sprints and open motor late mods its gonna be dusty!!!! hate its like that, gotta local dirt track here we all love but last 10 years been threw 3 or 4 owners all with crowd losing ways!! one got it now dont care if racers dont show, closed it for 3 years and used parking lot to sale salvaged equipment out of, really sux for the ones that been going all there lives but his money and we dont matter to him...hope something works out for yall

i talked to the owner of Edgewater, last October. He is getting older and his son has all the energy, now. Dick didn’t like the dirt track thing either but, guess who will own it in the future? Not really big enough for anything too terribly fast. If I decide to go back drag racing, I will most likely go to Kil Kare.

Dirt tracks don't have to be dusty.... Water and additives like calcium chloride can control it. The problem is the drivers want a smooth slick track because their four bar rear suspensions are finicky and get upset if there are any rough spots on the track.

I hate those dry slick tracks but it's what the guys insist on running on..

i talked to the owner of Edgewater, last October. He is getting older and his son has all the energy, now. Dick didn’t like the dirt track thing either but, guess who will own it in the future? Not really big enough for anything too terribly fast. If I decide to go back drag racing, I will most likely go to Kil Kare.

Dick has zero room to complain. He has not put a dime into improving that facility in the 20+ years that I have been going there. He is 100% the reason I didn’t step foot on that property last year. I love the track and I do not want to see the drag racing stop but with Dick and his son running the show all the racers are going to leave. He shouldn’t have backed out of the deal to lease the track a few years ago.

The dirt track at LVMS for all practical purposes is dead. They have a couple specials a year and that's about it. When it opened they had a weekly series with hobby stocks, mods, and late models. Unfortunately those races were attended about as well as a bracket race and after a couple seasons the plug was pulled. I do remember hearing racers mention the dust issue on the track, but my stuff was pretty slow so it really didn't ever affect me.

Seems like I saw a video awhile back of Edgewater flooded over, atleast I think it was lol. Mt. park dragway (formally clay city), has an old dirt track course they used to run, it's been closed for awhile now but its still there.

Seems like I saw a video awhile back of Edgewater flooded over, atleast I think it was lol. Mt. park dragway (formally clay city), has an old dirt track course they used to run, it's been closed for awhile now but its still there.

It was flooded a few weeks ago. They didn’t clean the dust off the track after the flood and a fox body went into the wall hard right at the 1/8 mile as soon as it hit dust.

It was flooded a few weeks ago. They didn’t clean the dust off the track after the flood and a fox body went into the wall hard right at the 1/8 mile as soon as it hit dust.
They don't call the mud hole fer nuthin!

-
Back