&%*/^#%*@*&% Disaster Update

-

2shelbys

Reaction score
Well guys, kudos to State Farm. They paid for everything, even the NOS fender, without any fight or comment. They even gave me a statement in writing that if it ends up that the entire car must be painted in order for it to look right (which is VERY likely) that I should just have the shop send them the additional estimate and they will take care of it. This is why I have been with them since 1984. This being the case, and since its "all original" status is gone, I think I am going to come up with some additional cash and have the complete car done including absolutely every little thing. I will go ahead and do the interior now as well. Oh well, sidelined until next year but looking great when it comes back out.

Sorry about it happening to your car, but looks as if your insurance has steped up to the plate. Souds as if they are going to be very fair with you.Good luck on the repairs, and maybe it will be better than it was before!

I've had State Farm for everything, and still do, but 2 years ago they refused to insure a '69 Chrysler 300 I had (stock) because they said it had too large an engine displacement (440). No points, no tickets in 10 years or so, never a DUI, mid forties...what gives?

I didn't even ask them for a quote on a '69 Barracuda with a 500 inch RB! I'll probably go with Haggerty when it's road-ready...

Glad they're taking good care of you on that one!

Good thing you had a car guy for a rep. Most of those people look at cars like ours as "just an old Plymouth".

-
Back