Disc Brake Conversion Help

-

Fitz68

Reaction score
Ok! More questions for the pro's! :) I'm working on installing my disc break conversion kit from classic performance. I must admit it's been frustrating for a few reasons but overall is going pretty well. I was hoping someone could help me with a few questions tho...

1) The attached picture is of the MC and prop valve that came with the kit. One of my big challenges is I'm converting from manual to power so I'm trying to figure out how to route the new hardlines to this prop valve. The diagrams CP sent me don't match the actual product and none of the hard line fittings seem to match what came stock on my car (I think stock is 3/16 line with a 5/16 fitting..). Does anyone know if I have this right? I think 1 in the picture is out to the front hard line and 2 is out to the rear hard line. I think 3 is the metering valve.

2) CP sent me everything BUT the bolts to connect the new lower ball joint to the new spindle. So in taking off the old ones it became clear one of them is stripped. Can I use a grade 8, course thread bolt and nut to replace the OE fine thread? Or is the course thread going to present a problem?

I'm probably going to have more questions...I'm a newb; thanks for the help!

Attachments

• MC.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 197
1...!!!MAN!!! since that is a special setup BY THEM I would go contact who you bought it from!!!!

You have a download link to their destructions?

2....Seems to me the spindle bolts have a shoulder to "line up" the holes nice and tight. I believe they also have special thin heads. I would find an OEM bolt I don't understand why htey are stripped. Those are some bigass bolts Were they overtightened?

The CPP kits use a GM style prop valve. Your gonna need to either get adapter fittings or get the right fittings and flare new ends. The rear is usually for a 1/4" line.

Cant you run a die down the threads of the bolt? You can use a grade 8, but stick to fine thread. There is no shoulder on the stock bolt IIRC.

-
Back