Disc brake conversion

-
The biggest thing I would want to know is if you can use the stock tapered wheel bearings with that kit. Based on the pictures, I would say you'd need to use green bearings in the back with that kit. While I'm sure the kit works fine, I'm not at all a fan of green bearings. Also, if you have the stock tapered bearings, keep in mind any kit that requires green bearings will also add to the final price tag. At least $80 for the bearings and seals, plus installation.

Dr. Diff sells a 10.7" and an 11.7" rear disk kit for 8 3/4's and Dana 60's, and both can be used with the stock tapered bearings. The kits are more expensive, but Cass sells quality parts. And not having to swap bearings will save you a chunk of change as well.

http://www.doctordiff.com/rear-disc-brake-kit-10.7-rotor.html

I think Blu is correct. That kit will require running green bearings (not going to get into that argument) and also big bolt pattern axles. It looks very similar to the kit that I used from Master Power, except it is about $500 cheaper!

The MP kit uses Cadillac calipers and Firebird rotors so if you're a purist beware. The eBay kit looks to be pretty complete and the seller has good feedback. Might be worth a shot if you don't mind the things mentioned above.

Thank you for the feedback guys, i already have green bearings and large bolt pattern. I think i want to pull the trigger, but i was just hoping that another fabo member had used this kit/seller before.

I don't like the bolt together mounting brackets.Dr diff has a one piece mounting bracket which installed great.

I live 15 minutes from Toms classics and i bought my kit from dr diff if that says anything.

-
Back